Noise from LCA's and relocation brackets...what's normal?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Youll have to buy a tube and use a grease gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat
I don't see the cartridges listed. Unless they just aren't showing on my phone. All I see is little packs or a gallon bucket.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I will give you my opinion - don't use anything that comes in a tube from the auto parts store. None of it is meant to grease suspension bushings. You need dedicated bushing grease from Energy Suspension or Prothane. It's extremely tacky and thick, and is made to grease bushings - not ball joints. If you choose to use the stuff in a tube, you'll have squeaks back in a matter of months. Do it right this time.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/Energy-Suspension-Formula-5-Prelube-Bushing-Lube.asp

I bought a jar of that stuff I love it, literally never goes away lol.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
I used the energy suspension stuff and havent had any issues with squeaks :thumb:

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Okay, but how do you get that stuff in the zerk fittings to fill them up? I can see rubbing this on the outside of the bushings, is that what you mean?

That's the point, man. You have to take them apart, clean them, and grease them properly. You'll never have to use zerk fittings again, because they won't need to be re-greased.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
That's the point, man. You have to take them apart, clean them, and grease them properly. You'll never have to use zerk fittings again, because they won't need to be re-greased.

I'm sure that is the best way, but I've never pulled apart any bushings. I'm going to try the Amsoil synthetic grease Kelly (BMR Tech) recommended. I'll refill them and wipe it on the outsides of the bushings and put some on the brackets and hopefully it does the trick...

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I have poly bushings on mine and I used marine grease as a temporary solution until I got some synthetic. I intend to buy some Royal Purple but, the marine grease has kept my bushings, all of them, not just the LCA's, squeak free since installation...about a year ago. I figured after a time, they would start making noise and would remind me to get the Royal Purple and do it right but, so far, this thread has been the only reminder. 8)

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Dont pull the bushings apart. What a waste of time. Clean the faces and re grease. You dont even have to use the energy suspension stuff though it is good. Just use some good synthetic injected in the zerks. Couple pumps. And drive it. Itll be fine.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Dont pull the bushings apart. What a waste of time. Clean the faces and re grease. You dont even have to use the energy suspension stuff though it is good. Just use some good synthetic injected in the zerks. Couple pumps. And drive it. Itll be fine.

Yeah, I am just gonna pump new synthetic Amsoil stuff in, and put grease on the sides of the bushings and inside the brackets.

RedRide

forum member
Reaction score

My exact line of thought, get the kind of gun you can load grease that doesn't come in a tube if it's all you can find.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
I've been using green grease from autozone. It's a synthetic marine grease. Does an awesome job and is super thick. Thick enough that it's a pain in the ass to get it in.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Agreed on the synthetic grease, but I'd like you to drop the control arms down and lube the crap out of them, and the inside of the relo brackets and the body side torque boxes. Don't fear the lube!

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
The recommendation to use a bushing specific style lubricant, is a very good one.

Mobil 1 synthetic has proven to work decently, as well as Super Lube (what we offer)

Here is my personal favorite:

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...-and-equipment-grease-nlgi-2/?code=GPTR2CR-EA

^That stuff is amazing. It is the best lubricant I have used, ever, on Poly bushing suspension pieces.

Good luck.

Just picked a tube of this stuff up for my new UCA. Going to try and clean out my old LCA bushings with this stuff as well.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
^ Keep us updated!

It's some bada$$ stuff!

Will do! My old bushings are probably pretty torn up though. My UCA (at the body) bushing was trashed last year. The LCAs were put on at the same time, so i assume they are in rough shape. Trying to decide now if I want to replace the bushings or just get some new BMR lowers/relocation brackets. :thumb2:

Last edited:

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Forgot to update.

I bought some of that Amsoil grease, pumped it in all my bushings...nice and quiet now. Stuff worked great!

Back