Noise ...

TheKid

Reaction score
Ok heres the deal ... I have a brake noise coming from the rear mostly the passenger side but both create this sound ... only does at light braking ... increase the pedal pressure it goes away ... also, at slow speeds i.e. under 15 mph ... high pitched squeal ...

Searched around a lil bit but couldnt come up with a solution other than some high-heat lube ....

I have pulled the back pads off looks like there is 50-60% life left in them, sprayed the rotors and pads down heavily brake parts cleaner hopin it was just alot of dust build up between the pads and rotors ... worked for all of two miles noise returned ... Now i have no clue what it is

Also, the back brakes seem to create two times brake dust the fronts do particularly the passenger side rear ... as it seems to generate alot more build on the wheels

Any Ideas?

Dave

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like something sticking on rear brakes. Your front brakes should be doing most of the work How mu h pad is left on front brakes?

TheKid

Reaction score
To be honest I never checked .... i usually check em when i rotate the tires ( did this about two weeks ago ) also when i pulled the back pads off cleaned everything ...

i was pretty overwhelmed at the amount of brake dust built up on the insides of the back rims that i just dove into that problem ... the fronts make absolutely no noise whatsoever tho ...

i will def. check em out in the am

Dave

forum member
Reaction score
Definiely check em I had the same prob with another car of mine passenger side brakes were dragging in the rear. Older car though I would think with our cars it would throw a code. I'm no expert just trying to help hope u get it figured out

TheKid

Reaction score
Definiely check em I had the same prob with another car of mine passenger side brakes were dragging in the rear. Older car though I would think with our cars it would throw a code. I'm no expert just trying to help hope u get it figured out

Thanks im open to any ideas ... its annoying the hell out of me ... i did replace my parking brake cables last weekend bc of that tsb for them freezing ... but this noise has been goin on now for about a month or a little bit more i guess so i know that didnt affect it or at least i wouldnt think so

TheKid

Reaction score
Update:

Front pads looks nearly new, rotors look good too ... just a thought could this be something as simple as the rear brake pads being crystalized?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back