Northstar Dragway tonight

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
T&T, LSP Ultimate Sleeper points race, and general good time.

Be there or be square!

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was there!! Woot woot! So Doc, what about that mop situation? A little out of hand much, but very interesting.

Congrats on your finish. Poor guy that beat you had to bring out some more competition because his last car couldn't hang! I also finally starting touching 8.5's, but can't hook for shit! We'll have to get out here and do it again sometime.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was there too....didn't see the "mop missle" but just hearing about it was good enough.

Doc damned near came out on top 2 events in a row.... I was going to leave after 2nd round but ended up staying to the last 2 rounds, Doc represented himself very well tongiht, as did Justin, just in tow totally different scenarios.........LMAO

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was there too....didn't see the "mop missle" but just hearing about it was good enough.

Doc damned near came out on top 2 events in a row.... I was going to leave after 2nd round but ended up staying to the last 2 rounds, Doc represented himself very well tongiht, as did Justin, just in tow totally different scenarios.........LMAO

Yup, in two completely different scenarios! Doc was doing work tonight! He needs to think about bracket racing! Hopefully you get that converter put in next week so you can get back out there and throw down some 7.6's or better!
After being out there tonight, it makes me want to spend some money. I kinda want some tires....

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup, in two completely different scenarios! Doc was doing work tonight! He needs to think about bracket racing! Hopefully you get that converter put in next week so you can get back out there and throw down some 7.6's or better!
After being out there tonight, it makes me want to spend some money. I kinda want some tires....

I think you def NEED some tires........lol

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think you def NEED some tires........lol

That's the truth! You know, I was just checking out the times on the 1/8 and 1/4 mile lists, and with your car being in the 7.7-7.8's, that puts you into some low 12's in the 1/4! Hell, you might even beat Matt D to the 11's, ha!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea.. not as good as last month, but still have nothing to complain about at all.

016.jpg

Figured ole' boy owed me that beat since I beat him in the final last month. Although I did have to giggle a bit that he had to bring a different car. I gave him crap about that. But hey, you will never hear me bellyache about getting bested by an old Valiant. Sweet car for sure.

The guy he raced in the semi is due. I even told him that next month it was his turn. Which is how it should be anyway. They had the best race of the night, and the quickest.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's the truth! You know, I was just checking out the times on the 1/8 and 1/4 mile lists, and with your car being in the 7.7-7.8's, that puts you into some low 12's in the 1/4! Hell, you might even beat Matt D to the 11's, ha!

LMAO right.......not, his car is on a SERIOUS diet

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Don! I do what I can with what I have. Hard to compete my stock block full interior full weight full stereo daily driving grocery getter with trailered big block cars or cars with bottles the size of hot water heaters. I'm tied for first in the points. Hoping to at least keep it in the top three by the series end in October. There were a LOT of cars in it last night.

I just keep telling myself that I would rather have a fast street car than a slow race car.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice job, Doc! :beerchug2:

Don,
He did do a great job, he was all over the tree and was the first off the line in every race except for the last one. He had to go head to head with a late 60's Dart that had run a 6.97 in the previous round. they left the line together but the Dart was just too much on the big end. Doc still made thru 3 rounds and gained points for those. Repped S197 pretty damned good. regualr little gun slinger.

He really should get into some bracket or index racing, his car RUNS the number 7.37, 7.38, 7.37......geez

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, I guess I should write a 7.37 on the damn window and just go drive the thing.

1 - 7.39 @ 96.24 ( T&T, win )
2 - 7.41 @ 95.91 ( T&T, win )
3 - 7.37 @ 93.69 ( Round 1, win. Beat a 7.31. Reaction .2490 to his 1.0036)
4 - 7.39 @ 95.70 ( Round 2, win )
5 - 7.49 @ 95.40 ( Round 3, bye run )
6 - 7.38 @ 93.30 ( Final, lost to a 6.96 @ 99. Reaction .4020 to his .1236, and he had me by a 10th at the 60)

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, heads up single elimination.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well if I run friggin 7.39s all day long (basically) I figure a .37 would be safe and I wouldn't break out.

Then again, I don't know shit about brackets. I have never ran them.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Well if I run friggin 7.39s all day long (basically) I figure a .37 would be safe and I wouldn't break out.

Then again, I don't know shit about brackets. I have never ran them.
Based on the numbers you ran last night, I would dial in the 7.41 - 7.43, and then play the top end. Bracket racing involves the brake pedal. Of course, in brackets, RT is super critical, too. Many races are won/lost on the starting line.

Edit: Here is the basic formula for me... cut a light, take the stripe by a nose.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuggit... I will just stick to heads up and deal with getting beat by race cars. Don't have to worry about the braking game that way.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Fuggit... I will just stick to heads up and deal with getting beat by race cars. Don't have to worry about the braking game that way.
Your car is consistent... you should at least give brackets a try. You might surprise yourself how fun it can be.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back