Nu Finish

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I used the eagle 1 surface prep mitt (like a clay bar) to get the contaminants out, then applied this Nu Finish "polish" (actually is a sealant I believe).

This is only my second time ever waxing a vehicle. How does this bead look? It started to rain lightly for about 5 minutes and when it stopped I went out and snapped a pic really quick lol. The dry pic is from yesterday after I finished. All done by hand with a microfiber applicator, then rubbed off with a microfiber towel.

It definitely didn't make the paint pop like I hoped, but then again it was just a cheap Wal-Mart wax I decided to pick up and try just to get the paint protected. I'm thinking about waxing over it with a synthetic wax, what do you guys recommend?

Attachments

• 11252398_1060417570652518_2768547916728678110_n.jpg
    11252398_1060417570652518_2768547916728678110_n.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 11390160_1060417583985850_1144933284730724429_n.jpg
    11390160_1060417583985850_1144933284730724429_n.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 10498069_10205710926483751_9147465077937639546_o.jpg
    10498069_10205710926483751_9147465077937639546_o.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I don't understand how people want to rate their wax jobs by water beading. Fresh paint, with no wax whatsoever, will bead like crazy.

The car looks good though.

Everyone here is going to suggest Polish Angel, as it's the latest and greatest.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I don't either. Justin see Justin do. I always see people posting pics of water beads after a wax job. It rained a bit so I took a quick pic lol. Also have the dry pic =P

I just really wanted it to be more reflective or "mirror-like", not sure which wax is best to achieve that

28ONE

Reaction score
I don't understand how people want to rate their wax jobs by water beading. Fresh paint, with no wax whatsoever, will bead like crazy.

Everyone here is going to suggest Polish Angel, as it's the latest and greatest.

Polish Angel are boutique products - may be hard to justify the cost to some...

For me it's worth the cost...

I don't either. Justin see Justin do. I always see people posting pics of water beads after a wax job. It rained a bit so I took a quick pic lol. Also have the dry pic =P

I just really wanted it to be more reflective or "mirror-like", not sure which wax is best to achieve that

In order the get that reflective mirror like finish from a wax, you'll need a wax thats high in carnauba - only problem is they don't last that long and the cost is high...so at the end of the day it's a give and take...also waxes are dust magnets!

For me personally, coatings are the way to go, easy to clean and low maintenance :buffer:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
What type of coatings are you referring to 28ONE? Can I have a few options (and is Chadwicks one of them)? Thanks. I definitely don't want to drive around a dust magnet lol

28ONE

Reaction score
CQuartz UK, Polish Angel Cosmic, Pinnacle Black Label, Blackfire Crystal Coat - all of which I've personally tried...

Never heard of Chadwick's...

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score

We don't rate the Wax job based on the beading. The beading or hydrophobic tendencies the wax or the LSP that you use. The beading is just the sexy part of waxing that everyone can relate to. Someone that as a real knack for love for detailing can see the little differences in Wax appearance wise. All ways to rate wax of the the application, removal, hydrophobic, and overall appearance.

What type of coatings are you referring to 28ONE? Can I have a few options (and is Chadwicks one of them)? Thanks. I definitely don't want to drive around a dust magnet lol

Chadwick's isn't a coating. Chadwicks's has a few products but the one I think you are referring to another most other people is pretty much a quick detailer.

Go with what 28ONE said. Either get a quality coating or a quality wax to put as your LSP. A decent wax at a good value would be Chemical guys pete's 53. Other than putting the LSP on to get the maximum reflection you should correct and level the paint. This is why when a un protected car is wet it looks amazing is because all of the defects are filled.

claudermilk

Reaction score
...also waxes are dust magnets!

For me personally, coatings are the way to go, easy to clean and low maintenance :buffer:

Hmm...that's what I'm doing wrong. I guess time to get off the wax and find a good (and not Polish Angle price point) coating. I have been using the CG Blacklight + V07 combo--is that all I need? Something better out there?

28ONE

Reaction score
CAR Bullet Proof coating comes at a decent price and is user friendly. Keep in mind, coatings are only as good as the condition of your paint - if you have swirls - you'll see the swirls after applying the coating...

Blacklight is ok but it has some fillers - meaning it will hide light swirls. For those that don't wanna spend a great deal of money yet want great protection, I recommend Sona Polymer Net Shield and the Brilliant Shine Combo - great Stuff!

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't even know you could get "coatings" yourself.
Ceramic pro has to be used by a authorized installer, it's like putting glass over the top of your car lol. A local guy did the ceramic pro and then wanted to remove a stripe and they had to take a razor blade to get through to take it off lol.

What is the quality difference between the ceramic pro and the and the polish angel stuff?
The ceramic pro with 9H is $599 with a 5 year warranty to get it done. Can't get it yourself as far as I know

28ONE

Reaction score
Key word is Pro - which usually means it needs to be installed by the mfg certified installers - also they're the only one that can get the pro product. Yes it cost more but does come with a warranty.

The coatings I listed in post #7 are for consumers who want to apply the coating themselves. Coatings are pretty easy to apply, it's the prep work that is time consuming - performing paint correction to get that swirl free finish. Kinda pointless to apply a coating if you have swirls, coatings don't fill. At least for now they don't...

claudermilk

Reaction score
The coatings I listed in post #7 are for consumers who want to apply the coating themselves

:snoopfacepalm: Reading fail. I had to have read that post already & just blew on by it.

Holy crap, this stuff is all expensive! Polish Angel looks to be reasonable in that company. I guess i have to realign my budget expectations...and plan on figuring out paint correction (I have very light scratching, and several through-the-paint dings to fix).

28ONE

Reaction score
:snoopfacepalm: Reading fail. I had to have read that post already & just blew on by it.

Holy crap, this stuff is all expensive! Polish Angel looks to be reasonable in that company. I guess i have to realign my budget expectations...and plan on figuring out paint correction (I have very light scratching, and several through-the-paint dings to fix).

Yeah it can get expensive in the pursuit of saucy glossy shine lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back