NXT 2.0 and Poorboys BlackHole

Smokievol

forum member
Reaction score
I am doing a major detail of the Stang.
Have finished the polishing and it looks sharp. Had some marring from the last buffer attempt. Seems like I got most of it.

I have used Poorboys Black Hole which works great. BUT I was never staifed with final look of Stang...I want more of a wet look.

Bought some NXT 2.0 and was wandering of anyone has use this over Blackhole...and how do they work together?

Second, has anyone used a buffer with the NXT and what works best, buffer or by hand?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
NXT has cleaners so it will remove whatever you put down first.

NXT is one of the easiest wax/sealants I have ever worked with by hand. I'd say it's easier/quicker by hand but I'm also a retard with a buffer.

Smokievol

forum member
Reaction score
Well after the Beer Break, I will finish the one side with the NXT......will then be able to judge side by side

Thanks

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I think if you used a buffer already with compound theres no need for either black hole or nxt. You would be better off with a sealer and then a carnuba over the top

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
When I used NXT a few years ago, I got great results by putting two coats on 24hrs apart. I then topped with S100 caranuba, gave a very wet look but didn't give much longevity. NXT is ok for an off the shelf sealant. You are better off using whatever poorboys recommends with black hole. I am a fan of CG Blacklight/black/V7 combo now.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I just did a blacklight/V07/Wet obsessions combo on mine. I like the Optimum Polyseal/Optiseal combo as well.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
If you looking for an easily obtainable carnuba to top it with use surf city garge barrier reef. Stuff goes on like butter and wipes off like butter. For over the counter I haven't found anything as good

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
You can't layer nxt so theres no point to multiple coats other than coverage. No point to waiting for it to cure for second coat either.

Sent from my microwave

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
You can't layer nxt so theres no point to multiple coats other than coverage. No point to waiting for it to cure for second coat either.

Sent from my microwave

Not true, there was a huge thread about NXT on Autopia a few years ago about the curing/layering of NXT. Mike Phillips (before he left Megs) gave a detailed breakdown on doing a second coat 24hrs later. Yes NXT has cleaners, but the way it bonds to paint the second coat gave it some more pop. I definitely noticed a difference in the look. But NXT is old tech...

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I prefer wolfgangs deep gloss sealant and then pinnacle souveran wax. Do it on every full detail I do after compounding with poorboys and then using Wolfgang 2.0 swirl remover and a 3D polish

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Not true, there was a huge thread about NXT on Autopia a few years ago about the curing/layering of NXT. Mike Phillips (before he left Megs) gave a detailed breakdown on doing a second coat 24hrs later. Yes NXT has cleaners, but the way it bonds to paint the second coat gave it some more pop. I definitely noticed a difference in the look. But NXT is old tech...

I have conflicting info from Mike Phillips -- that layering NXT does nothing but remove the old layer and put on a new one.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I prefer wolfgangs deep gloss sealant and then pinnacle souveran wax. Do it on every full detail I do after compounding with poorboys and then using Wolfgang 2.0 swirl remover and a 3D polish

Wolfgang makes a good product as well. There Fuzion works great for a top coat. I use Zymol Glasur and the finish is great on it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back