O2 Sensor Repin

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
So multiple sensors and enough of my wasted time have brought me to the conclusion that there is a problem with the wiring for both of my upstream sensors. Bank 2 worse then 1 but neither are working properly,

I've tried Boch and OEM and both sides are sticking to the lean side. Well bank 2 rarely puts out any voltage at all now.

I'm considering pulling the wiring right out of the harness for the upstream all the way to the pins in the connector for the pcm and just moving the downstream to the upstream location. That way I wont be stuck using extensions on the OEMs or the Boch's with the longer pigtails to get rid of the extensions. Theres not enough slack in the harness to reach the Pacesetter Lt's.

I cant think of a single reason why this is a bad idea. I dont use the downstream anyways and if I had to rewire a portion of the harness I would want it to be on the downstream anyways if I ever need to turn them on again.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say more likely two exhuast leaks before the wiring/O2 on both banks being bad.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say more likely two exhuast leaks before the wiring/O2 on both banks being bad.

I should have been a little more specific sorry. Passenger side is reading .000 with an occasional spike to maybe .100 for a moment and then dead again. Drivers side is scraping around .100.

I considered there being a leak but damn that would have to be a pretty good sized leak. I've had the headers rock themselves loose to the point I could hear it and didn't have any issues like this.

G.T

Reaction score
not sure if you've tried that, but since the passenger side is acting up more, what happens if you swap out the passenger to the driver side? does the symptom stay on the passenger side?

another thing you could try is stick a wideband in the rear O2 sensor bungs and see whether the wideband reading corresponds with the upstream sensors to rule out a leak throwing your readings off

not sure what the history of your vehicle is, but the last time i had a similar situation i did a pinpoint test tracing every pin on the O2 sensor's connectors to their corresponding pins on the PCM wiring harness connector and all was perfect.. swapped out the PCM and the problem went away

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I'm still trying to fix it. Swapped PCMs and the code went away but now I'm having TB issues. I'm about to fly to NC to get the car and try to resolve it.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Yea swapping sensors around isnt having any effect. I've got half the harness up into the engine bay now but I'm watching the baby atm. Hopefully I'll get back out there later to finish and check the harness out.

I just heated up the good sensor out of the pair that I replaced and it was able to push out over .600v connected to a DMM running the fuel in my lighter past it. Pretty cool to watch. I'll hit the pins on the 02's in the car as well to confirm they are producing voltage.

Just ran outside and tested at the end of the extension and hanging around .500-600 in O-loop.

Last edited:

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Well it appears that it might just be in the damn tune, not sure yet. Spoke with AM a few minutes ago and hell I forgot his name already. Anyhow I just went to shut the car off and noticed that the damn reading off the o2 had gone to shit again. Instantly annoyed I brought the idle up to 2k and held it for a couple minutes and everything came back to life. It appears the sensors might just be getting too cold at idle. AM rep said that the Pacesetters are notorious for this and he recently had to modify the tune for 2 other people.

Crossing my fingers its going to be just thaT

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
^^ the way lito explained it to me, when you replace the sensors and reload tunes or disconnect battery, the good sensor will copy the other sensor until it trips the code 3x's.

I went through 2 sets of o2 sensors trying to fix mine. Each time I ran the car about 3 times (start, run, stop) before it would throw the code again, turn to shit, and fall back to .000 volts, spiking at .010. Be careful man. It really sounds like you're having the same problem I had and it seems to me that my PCM was the issue, although I still haven't gotten the car running, as I'm not near it at the moment.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well it appears that it might just be in the damn tune, not sure yet. Spoke with AM a few minutes ago and hell I forgot his name already. Anyhow I just went to shut the car off and noticed that the damn reading off the o2 had gone to shit again. Instantly annoyed I brought the idle up to 2k and held it for a couple minutes and everything came back to life. It appears the sensors might just be getting too cold at idle. AM rep said that the Pacesetters are notorious for this and he recently had to modify the tune for 2 other people.

Crossing my fingers its going to be just thaT

They can make the heaters stay on longer to help with this.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back