Ok WTF happened?

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
WTF just happened!???!

Ok, I'm cruising down the 401 on my way to trade school. Traffic slowed just a bit to about 80km/h, 50mph so I geared down to 4th for a little bit more oomph when I need it.

The Road starts to clear and I'm close to 3k on the tach so I decide to punch it! (far more effective than coffee :) ) but nothing happened!! Instead my revs just die out like a crappy automatic. Then boom it wakes up again and takes off!

What the hell happened. Why'd my car choke like that? Another way for you guys to visualize might be as if you were driving on the highway pushed in the clutch and then released quickly without hitting the gas I think. It was really weird.

My car is a 06GT with zero mods and 52,000km's, 32,000miles.​

badgt06

Stratafortress
Reaction score
Is it possible the traction control system switched on? I turn that shit off every time I hop in the car.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe a throttle body issue?? I just recently had a buddy that had a similar issue. He has an auto. He would try to stomp on the gas and seemed like the car was gurgling. Checked the throttle body and it was a bit dirty, plus the sensor on the it was loose.

Just a thought.....

Algx

Reaction score
Accelerator pump...(Old guy joke . . .)
Plus check all the intake clips and vacuum hoses.

Never know . . .

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Maybe a throttle body issue?? I just recently had a buddy that had a similar issue. He has an auto. He would try to stomp on the gas and seemed like the car was gurgling. Checked the throttle body and it was a bit dirty, plus the sensor on the it was loose.

Just a thought.....

Sorry for the off topic comment but damn Croft that sig pic is incredible,such a beast!

My 2011 did this the other day after leaving Texas motor speedway. Im punching that damn button everytime I go anywhere from now on.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
WTF just happened!???!
Ok, I'm cruising down the 401 on my way to trade school. Traffic slowed just a bit to about 80km/h, 50mph so I geared down to 4th for a little bit more oomph when I need it.

The Road starts to clear and I'm close to 3k on the tach so I decide to punch it! (far more effective than coffee :) ) but nothing happened!! Instead my revs just die out like a crappy automatic. Then boom it wakes up again and takes off!

What the hell happened. Why'd my car choke like that? Another way for you guys to visualize might be as if you were driving on the highway pushed in the clutch and then released quickly without hitting the gas I think. It was really weird.

My car is a 06GT with zero mods and 52,000km's, 32,000miles.​

Wasn't there a TSB about the fuel pumps and or assembly? I remember hearing about a TSB that's similar to what you're experiencing after cruising for a while then trying to accelerate.

hangon

forum member
Reaction score
Ive had the same issue with my 05 with trac control on and off. Never really worried about it to much I guess Ive got a lead to the issue now.

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
Ok Im bringing this back. From what I read on other forums trying to go after a problem thats nearly six years old isnt going to get me far with ford so Im not gonna bother. Its completely drivable right now and I plan on doing mods that will require a better pump or pumps :) anyways. So my next question is replacing the pump gonna help, or is it something else?. I couldnt find that out.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Yes replacing the pump with an 07 and up will fix it, or if you want more pump then a walbro or one gt500. There are a number of possibilities just don't get another 05-06 pump lol. I have owned 2 06 Mustangs and they both did the same exact thing. I just replaced my pump with dual walbros and it is gone.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Ok Im bringing this back. From what I read on other forums trying to go after a problem thats nearly six years old isnt going to get me far with ford so Im not gonna bother. Its completely drivable right now and I plan on doing mods that will require a better pump or pumps :) anyways. So my next question is replacing the pump gonna help, or is it something else?. I couldnt find that out.

Yep...new pump fixes the issue. I had the exact same thing happen after freeway cruising.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back