On3 78mm build (not the best pics but it will do)

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
i kinda missed alot of pics but here is just a few any questions please feel free to ask or if you see something odd let me know still need couple more things before i crank her up i will be removing my stock fan as it is in there but the flange is resting on the fan motor ordered twin slim fans with shroud....................

Stock Aluminum Block Bore to .020 over Forged DSS Racing dish pistons, eagle stroker crank, eagle H-beam rods, port and polished heads, Livernois springs, lockouts, Custom bullet cams, On3 78mm kit, FRPP intake, GT500 throttle body, 3500-3700 PI triple disc convertor, Ford Ranger Aluminum drive shaft cut and balanced, 3.55 gears, Walbro 405 fuel pump, 8an line from inside tank to rails, Fore fuel rails, 80lb FRPP injectors, PMAS maf might of left out some goodies haha…………..Soon to be tuned by the BEST The Man LITO

before

after

block freshly honed

DSS Racing dish pistons .020 forged (file fitting rings here)

short block assembled

custom cams

fully assembled minus oil pan getting welded with bung for oil return

drilled and bung in ready for weld

Drill and tap turbo

removed front bumper

new mounts 70buks compared to 80 for a stock one

getting set

putting flywheel (dont judge my strap and cherry picker due to C clamp on it to prevent from breaking more lol

up up and away she goes

sorry missed alot of pics i think motor is set and ready for piping and misc.

manifolds to turbo pipe

had a heart attack on the driver side pipe that runs up my little boy grabbed it and i couldnt find it i was bi**ing out on3 for leaving me 1 pipe short and then BAMMMMM i find it in the grass with the sun shinning right on it lol

Eibach pro kit clearance :(

i was praying the ABS wouldnt be in the way and it was just perfect

78mm

Last edited:

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Looks good. You might be able to get the piping up a little higher but you're still going to bottom out on everything. I had sportlines and i would scrape the ground if i hit a big enough dip in the road.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Run the oil feed to the turbo along the frame with the brake lines then up from the front. Makes a much cleaner look I think.

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
i thought about that but the 90* wont go any more unless i unbolt it and turn it lol just thought of that been a long day thanks its on my list now

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the sportlines are lower. This was my ground clearance with the piping up as high as i could get it. They actually made slight contact with the control arms.

IMG_20130915_145306_zps82670c89.jpg

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
really so basically leave wastegate open ..... quick question which hole am i supposed to use for the wastegate top or side bottom one from there to the controller then to the intake vaccum right ? and the bof from turbo to bof and T it to the boost guage? i once knew how and got confused lol

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Confused about what you are asking about on the wastegate, but the bov needs to be able to see vacuum so it needs to come off the intakel

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
really so basically leave wastegate open ..... quick question which hole am i supposed to use for the wastegate top or side bottom one from there to the controller then to the intake vaccum right ? and the bof from turbo to bof and T it to the boost guage? i once knew how and got confused lol

Bottom port on the wastegate. I used drilled and tapped the compressor housing and used the turbo for the wastegate boost reference.

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
Yea that's what I meant how does the vaccum lines go I have my turbo drilled and tapped from there to where ........... Then bov to where and where

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Turbo to wastegate, blow off valve to vacuum source on the intake manifold. I T'd off the fpr vacuum line for the blow off valve.

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
And boost controller t off with Wastegate ? And turbo to boost gauge also or from where do I get boost reading from what's the best place

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Yes, The controller is installed inline between your wastegate and turbo (Since thats what you're using for your boost reference). For the boost gauge i also used the fpr vacuum line.

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how this car does. Getting ready to start throwing my On3 on my 07 in the very near future as well.

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
Youre going need more fuel then 1 405 can support. I would throw on your stock springs or your going beat the hell out of your hot side. Mine has huge dent in both pipe going under the a arms from when I had steeda ultra lites.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back