On3 fuel hat install

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I’ve tried every angle I can think of but can’t get this stupid hat installed. If it wasn’t for this return spout it’d fall right in…I think. Can I remove this spout and still be fine?
upload_2023-2-22_16-53-44.jpeg

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Never dealt with that product so don't know for sure. That just looks like an odd set up.
Overall it’s a pretty nice piece! The crossover tube spout would be easier if it was a 90 connector & that return spout is killing me but everthing else about it seems really nice.

I can’t see how removing that piece will hurt anything really, it’s just spitting gas back in the tank. Only fear is it might make the fuel in that area agitated causing air bubbles if the fuel level is below the spout

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
Can't you simply remove it to insert the unit into the tank and then reinstall it. Seems like you can easily get a wrench on it after it's past the lip.

JC SSP

Reaction score
You read my mind, but cannot see the back of the assembly (360 view) and that opening might be too small to get a hand in there...

Another solution, cut at the collar (not the bolt face). Attach a submersible fuel rated hose with a worm clamp. It should snake right in and perform the stated function.

I am sure there are other options...

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Can't you simply remove it to insert the unit into the tank and then reinstall it. Seems like you can easily get a wrench on it after it's past the lip.
I’m going to try that but think it’s to small…the pic makes it look huge!!

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
You read my mind, but cannot see the back of the assembly (360 view) and that opening might be too small to get a hand in there...

Another solution, cut at the collar (not the bolt face). Attach a submersible fuel rated hose with a worm clamp. It should snake right in and perform the stated function.

I am sure there are other options...
You don't need to get a hand in there. Hang/hold it with the spout opening an inch or so below the lip and thread it with finger/thumb, snug it with the wrench, drop it the rest of the way in, viola.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back