on3 performance questions

Olblacky

Reaction score
hey guys new to the forum, been doing somes searches on the on3 performance turbo kit for my 2007 gt but cant find anything recent. trying to find out who still has them and if they are satisfied with the kit and also have a few questions, i understand ill need the 39lb injectors or would it be better to get 47lb, and a KB BAP, and colder plugs, also any good recommendations on a maf. the only real concern i have is tapping the oil pan whats the best way to go about it is there a tool i can used or what. and tuning im in central Kentucky anyone know the best route i can taking to get her tuned as im not sure of any dynos near by i believe one in owensboro maybe? Thanks!

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hey guys new to the forum, been doing somes searches on the on3 performance turbo kit for my 2007 gt but cant find anything recent. trying to find out who still has them and if they are satisfied with the kit and also have a few questions, i understand ill need the 39lb injectors or would it be better to get 47lb, and a KB BAP, and colder plugs, also any good recommendations on a maf. the only real concern i have is tapping the oil pan whats the best way to go about it is there a tool i can used or what. and tuning im in central Kentucky anyone know the best route i can taking to get her tuned as im not sure of any dynos near by i believe one in owensboro maybe? Thanks!

I've had the On3 kit on for a while now. Its an "ok" kit for the money. Most people just buy it for a budget purpose. I have 39ib injectors from a 03/04 cobra and the kb BAP and have no fuel issues what's so ever. I'm on my second turbo & I think its on its way out. A colder plug is a most, my car eats them. Id consider checking out S&H Performance on here, and if you still decided to go with an On3 kit, make sure to additional funds in the budget for upgrading parts (turbo, bov, wastegast, etc).

As far as driving with the kit, your biggest concern will be ground clearance. Check out older threads with pics. The kit loops under the front and makes it a challenge for lowered cars. Are you lowered and what size tires are you running? I'm lowered 1" in the front and was running a 26ish inch tall tire (245/45/18) and was scarping everywhere. I went to a 27" tall tire (255/45/18) up front and my ground clearance is "manageable" now.

As far as tuning is concerned, everyone on here is going to recommend Lito, and there is a good reason for it. Skip all your local tunes and just do a remote tune with him. You'll thank us later. Good luck!:driver:

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Kit is okay for the money but if u wanna make big power later u will have to lots of upgrades to it. I have a on3 kit and have thoght about selling it if ur interested let me know. but it will be complete minus bap and injectors and maf. but oil pan and all that

Olblacky

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies, i bought the kit monday i figured it was my only choice as im to inpatient to save up 6000 for a kennebell so far still waiting on the kit to get here. im under the impression that it can take a few weeks thats cool i have also already bought the colder ford racing plugs and ford racing 47lb injectors as all the 39lb were sold out or really high, hope the 47lb will be fine. going to order a diablo mafia this week unless you guys think the sct ba5000 would be a better choice, then a kb bap. talked to a local tuner and hes booked up for next 8 weeks so plenty of time to work on getting other things i need like bap and gauges etc. also thinking about getting a stainless lines with an fitting for the oil pan and filter relocation, think that would be a better setup? also ill check into the litto tune im not looking for loads up power mainly just enough to make my dad mad with his 427r roush

Olblacky

Reaction score
im also not lowered and are running 275-45-18 rear and 255-45-18 front, and plan to upgrade the turbo later on to a Garrett jsut because my names Garrett lol i guess along with that ill get a better BOV and Wg. whats the best way to get ahold of lito?

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Anything you wish to buy that will affect tuning should wait until you have spoken to your tuner first. As mentioned above, Lito is an awesome choice for a remote tuner and he will be happy to answer all your questions as well as give you guidance on which items to buy. Don't get ahead of yourself buying a bunch of parts without a game plan on how they will be used.

At power levels below 500hp you don't need a maf. I was running 643rwhp on a forged motor and 15 lbs of boost with a stock maf.

Olblacky

Reaction score
okay thanks i have sent him an email the stuff i have bought so far are what my local tuner recommended but if everyone thinks lito will be better choice and judging from the site he seems to be as im in kentucky and dont know exactly how experienced our tuner is

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
where in KY you from?

I'm also going with Lito for my tuning

Olblacky

Reaction score
im in tompkinsville its right on the TN line the closest tuner i know of is in shelbyville witch is northern ky about 2 1/2 hours away

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Lito will be the guy i would want. He just did mine and nothing but major props to him. Don't go to speedys in owensboro for a tune. I along with others have had issues with him. When i was n/a i took it up there to get tuned after long tubes,intake and lost hp and about not made it back home with his tuning. But go to lito for tuning. Im in west ky and there is no one around here i would let touch my 3v within a 5 hour drive.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
ahh east of bowling green, Im in western KY

you tried nashville? probably a local tuner there if you looked

Olblacky

Reaction score
cool i was in bowling green for awhille but to big for me had to go back to the small town lol, havent tried nashville but believe ill go with lito

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Delk performance is in nashville tn. They can do turbo tunes,but i would put money on it lito will make more power and be safer.

Olblacky

Reaction score
yeah im thinking lito sounds like the better choice and also have to find a way to haul it to a local tuner and i dont have a truck so that might be difficult lol

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yea Lito's ability is pretty damn good.

Just make sure you have the proper gauges and such that are needed

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trust us, just use Lito. I already went down this road. Went to the local tuner, spent $500 and end up having Lito tune the car anyway.

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score

:snoopfacepalm:My head hurts from trying to read that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back