On3 Triple Fuel Hat - 2011+ yotes.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Here's the hat: http://www.on3performance.com/shop/2011-2014-cnc-billet-mustang-gt-5-0-4v-fuel-hat/

It looks like a quality piece. The only thing I don't like is that it only supports the "320 series" pumps, which I'm assuming means you can't go any bigger than a 320lph pump, although it does support up to 3 pumps, or you can run two pumps and use their block off instead of using a 3rd pump.

On the ad it says it can be used as either return OR returnless. That being said, our 5.0s have a 400lph (I think) single pump from the factory. Wouldn't it be very cost efficient to stay returnless and run this hat with a second pump? With two 320lph pumps and the stock feed surely it would be capable of handling most stock motor boosted E85 setups with it having a total 640lph available (240lph more than stock).

This is all assuming that the hat works with the stock feed line, which it may not... if it doesn't it wouldn't be worth it for returnless - could just as easily go return at that point while you're swapping the feed line.

I've never dealt with fuel systems before other than swapping injectors and adding a boost-a-pump, so any input from someone with experience with this sort of thing would be appreciated. Just looking for cost-effective alternatives to the current kits out there. Never hurts to try something different.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
I have triple 465's in my on3 hat, so pump limitation is not an issue. Dustin(CPRsm) has a write up on a gt500 pump setup that supports 800whp on e. But if you want room to grow and only want to spend the cash once, go return.

I built my system pretty cheap. If you want, I can probably put another one together.

Last edited:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
So walbro 465s will fit in the hat??? Keep in mind this is for the coyote, not the 3v.

Lund confirmed he will try to tune the setup as returnless for me. I'm wanting to switch to e85 on my Paxton 14 GT and am just looking for alternatives to what's currently out there.

I did see CPR did a write up on SVT but there was no pictures, part numbers or real instructions for someone like myself that has never actually done a fuel system to follow unfortunately. This may come out to be an even lower cost alternative than that kit.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
So walbro 465s will fit in the hat??? Keep in mind this is for the coyote, not the 3v.

Lund confirmed he will try to tune the setup as returnless for me. I'm wanting to switch to e85 on my Paxton 14 GT and am just looking for alternatives to what's currently out there.

I did see CPR did a write up on SVT but there was no pictures, part numbers or real instructions for someone like myself that has never actually done a fuel system to follow unfortunately. This may come out to be an even lower cost alternative than that kit.

I have a coyote, so I hope its for a coyote car! haha
I watched Dustin wire up on of his budget kits and its super simple. I almost didn't believe how easy it was. Sai@Forced Motorsports offers the same kit as Dustin has and I believe its drop in, but you would have to contact him.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Are they walbro 465 pumps or another brand? Any modifying needed? And did it attach to your stock feed line? This is good news O.O

REDS197

Reaction score
Call Sai at forced motorsports. The kit uses the stock feed line and you have to run a return line. It is a 2013+ Gt500 fuel hat with the stock gt500 fuel pumps. It has supported 900 hp in a few turbo cars on E85. I have it with a Whipple 2.9 at 800 hp with no issues.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Are they walbro 465 pumps or another brand? Any modifying needed? And did it attach to your stock feed line? This is good news O.O

Yes, Walbro 465's. The hat fits just like the stock one, but a motherfuck to get in as any triple pump setup is.

I used -10 feed with a y block to -10 rails regulated then -8 back to the tank.

I don't see why you couldn't run the stock line with the correct fittings

Last edited:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I called about it mating to the stock feed line, he said no unless you did a custom job. Said I'd need to research it a little more. Well damn. Guess I'm back to the Sai Li kit. Wish I knew what parts to buy/what to modify to get that system to work. Would rather save the $150 and put it together myself for $800 rather than pay $950. Was thinking I was going to be able to run a returnless fuel system for around $650 with the room to upgrade to return if I needed, but if I have to change the stock feed line out I might as well just do return. The Sai Li kit uses stock return too... lol. Brainstorming. Never intended on doing a fuel system, but I'm not buying another BAP.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I have triple 465's in my on3 hat, so pump limitation is not an issue. Dustin(CPRsm) has a write up on a gt500 pump setup that supports 800whp on e. But if you want room to grow and only want to spend the cash once, go return.

I built my system pretty cheap. If you want, I can probably put another one together.

How much did your system end up costing? More or less than Sai's kit?

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
I believe that I built it for $2450 with injectors. I did come across a insane deal on injectors ($750)and a decent deal on the 465's. It's without a doubt more than Sai's kit, but it will flow enough to make 1400-1450whp honestly on e98. I could bap the pumps to further them, but I don't know if they could create enough pressure in the rails. If I run out of fuel (this is where the turbo is out of steam anyways) I'd move to a belt drive pump, M1 and some Morgan's but that's a step I can't even afford to think about.

-Triple 465's
-On3 hat
-10feed
-10 fuel lab 6 micron filter
-10 y-block
-fuel rails
-10 to regulator
-Regulator big enough to support methanol
-8 feed(might switch to -10 and drill/tap hat)
-Wiring with Hobbs to activate secondary pumps

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back