On3 turbo help!?

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've done some research on the kit here and maybe its because the vehicles where 07+ but I don't recall anyone talking about needing 07+. And just because the company has a great price on their product, that does not mean they should have miss leading information on their site, period. If msd boost a pump DOES NOT WORK, then why the fuck is it listed on their site?

It's shocking to me that you guys think its up to me to question what a company is telling me about their product. Maybe other people will come in here and agree with me but I'd can't picture anyone that would not be upset with any product or service that has miss information.

Like I said I will be doing a write up since On3 information is miss leading and incorrect for there future customers.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
Who said the MSD wouldn't work? Im sure it would but most ppl who use a BAP use a KB. its gonna be alright little buddy.

Many ppl have done write ups and build threads but those are useless if the ppl who are buying them( YOU ) don't SEARCH,do the research to find them and see what needs to be fixed.

All the info is out there you just didn't find it or were to lazy to find it.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who said the MSD wouldn't work? Im sure it would but most ppl who use a BAP use a KB. its gonna be alright little buddy.

Many ppl have done write ups and build threads but those are useless if the ppl who are buying them( YOU ) don't SEARCH,do the research to find them and see what needs to be fixed.

All the info is out there you just didn't find it or were to lazy to find it.

YOUR RIGHT! A company should be able to put whatever they want on there site and not care if there information is correct. I hope no one follows your business model. You keep acting like there a billion threads on this 07 coolant on here and there not! I feel like I'm the first to talk about the 07 coolant because I've done my research. I'm still not a %100 sure about the MSD, but I think its great On3 listed it when they never tested it. All I know is MSD website says it can't be used with a vehicle that does not have a return line.

But I'll be more then happy to do a write up for on3 and let their future customers know what they really need to know(If they do a search since why would a company need to be reasonable for their own product).

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
111010_003.jpg

All ready to convert to the 07 coolant set up ;)

111010_004-1.jpg

My buddy home made sway bar relocation bracket.

111010_008.jpg

Got a nice snug fit after lowering the sway bar.

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
Wow

Cry me a fucking river ? You bought a $1500 turbo kit!!
Also it's a common thing with other kits. So if on3 said you needed to
Upgrade to the 07+ cooling you wouldn't have bought it? You can swap it over for around $100 maybe cheaper. Suck it up ! You will prob cry that it was on3's fault you blow your motor because they didn't tell
You . Good luck with your build

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
I gotta side with Johnny on this one. Doesnt matter that its a $1500 turbo or any product, it says designed for 05-09 mustangs so it should fit. Technically its false advertising. They state it fits 05-09 and it does not without modification.

People should do all the research they can on any modification I agree, but so should the manufacturer. If I was building mass turbo kits for the public I would make sure it fits the models that I state it does. Its good business practice and customer service and this is regardless of the cost of the system.

My .02, cheers and good luck with the build! Oh and read the flamewar I started at http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68990, once ya get past all the bashing, theres a ton of good info on turbos and ON3 and could help you down the road regarding issues you may come across and how/what to upgrade.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I installed a rear sway bar relocation for 15x10 race stars, found out it didnt work with the gt500 rear sway bar and watts link due to interference. Instructions didnt say anything about that...

Seriously, welcome to modding 101. Let you in a on a little secret its very rare for a product to meet up to exactly its advertized specs or fit the way the instructions say or go on as easy and not require some unforseen modification.

Johnny if you need a 07+ thermostat I have my stocker you can have.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just an oh, by the way....try having a 2010 and you find out the hard way all the things that have changed from the 05-09's that no one knew about or advertsied!

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with you rford. I believe A company should list everything you need and need to know, not a forum. They advertise that this kit bolts up to a 05-09 Mustang GT and it does not. They also advise you need a MSD pump, when you need a kenne bell.
Yes, and never heard of anyone recommending a MSD pump over the proven KB bap. I agree with doing extensive research on products, but the manufacturers have to know what they are selling and advertising.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, and never heard of anyone recommending a MSD pump over the proven KB bap. I agree with doing extensive research on products, but the manufacturers have to know what they are selling and advertising.

Should they yes, do they really, ehhh.... you would be naive to assume this, dont get your hopes up. lol

Perception and expectation hardly ever coincide with reality.

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
I think we were one of the first people to find out about the crossover issue with the 05-06 cars due to the remote thermostat housing and after speaking with both Mike and Chad they did inform us they would be noting that on the website (I don't see it as of this and it's been over a year since we spoke with them). However, I have to agree research is key especially when you are doing something yourself. It's not a difficult swap and it gets rid of a bunch of ugly hoses and crap... LOL!

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
Agreed...OP acts like this hasn't been covered before though...There are always coolant crossover swap threads. They should have included this info but they don't so tough shit haha

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agreed...OP acts like this hasn't been covered before though...There are always coolant crossover swap threads. They should have included this info but they don't so tough shit haha

Everyone acting like I pieced together some fucking kit, no assholes. I purchased a kit that is suppose to be designed for my fucking car. If you think the information provided on On3 website is good business practice, well good luck running a business. You guys think everyone should go on a fucking forum for everything you buy? Good thing the JLT intake I got for my car wasn't for a fucking GT500 and that would be my fault.

I don't even understand the point of a forum some times. Let me get this straight, you do "search" to which you can't find the exact information your looking for, then you ask a question, o god for bid you ask a fucking question on a fucking mustang forum, you get flammed.

My post was simple warning anyone who's looking to get these kit about the 05-06 coolant setup, to which still I did not come across when looking at people "build threads" with their on3 kits.

:321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321::321:
You all

Last edited:

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with Johnny

Just because the kit is cheap doesnt take away from the fact its not advertised correctly. I know alot of people love their on3 kits because of the quality and price, but if your looking for a good repuatable company, they should disclose all info. Yes im aware its up to the consumers to educate themselves also when making a big purchase, but the coolant issue is not easily found nor is it something obvious one would look up to be replaced.

BTW dont get the kenne Bell BAP, get lightblades fuel pump which is cheaper and supports much more hp.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
Well you pay for what you get you can't be a cheap ass then bitch about a $2k turbo kit...i mean fuck you only saved $5k. I mean on3 is a okay kit for the money...But I mean you can only expect so much out of a $2k turbo kit I mean when the turbo is the same price as the wg and ordering the kit with just the piping only knocks off $300 cmon. And yes if you would search on here and maybe not be lazy and read through some build threads from people that have already done the on3 install...But when you are to retarded to look at your specific year 05-06 build then thats sorry man...But i doubt you are the first 05-06 car that hos done the on3 install.

But I don't dis agree that they should atleast list what you need and what you don't need for certain years...BUT guess what?THEY DON"T so get over it if they had to pay redo there website they might not be able to sale complete turbo kits for $2k.

Go whine somehwere else and learn how to search!

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
Cry

Welcome to the world of modding . And with your cry baby attitude
We don't need another bitch over here. Got to mustang forums!
I understand you are so fucking upset about this . But get over it!
Oh yeah Fuck you too !! Have a nice day

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back