NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
FrontLightcopy.jpg

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Thanks! Getting ready to do the landscaping within the next month. I dug up all of the sprinkler heads today to clean them, run the old water through the pipes and find which ones need to be replaced. Ordering about 7200 sq ft of St. Augustine at $99 a pallet (400 sq ft) which isn't too bad. Most are charging $110-120 for St. Augustine that is muck based, not sand base.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice work man! I like those fans you picked out. I finally got out and cut my front and backyard, trimmed the edges, laid fertilizer and finished laying the planting soil in the pine tree base in my front yard to plant some plants in it. Weather turned to shit last night and got really windy and rainy today so I havent done anymore work. Looks like you've been keeping yourself busy

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Well we got some crazy weather today. It actually snapped a fence post at the ground. Another panel came apart but just screwed it back to the post. A few neighbors didn't make out so lucky. Roof damage, patio furniture destroyed, etc. While the power was out we made a trip to Home Depot out of boredom and picked 8 of these up.

LandscapeLight.jpg

Friday the sod is going to be delivered. All 7200 sq ft of St. Augustine Floratam. After I get the sod laid I'm make the planters. I'm going to do a low bush in front of the windows, than some variegated liripoe, and than some low lying flowers. Making sure I go as low maintenance as possible. I'll be using Brown River Rock in the planters as well as down the sides and rear of the house since I don't have gutters.

I'm not posisitve what shrub I'm going to use against the house but something like this..

27b0e365-9c00-4fc7-ba1f-74a9a4492135_300.jpg

Variegated Liriope

gc-LiriopeVariegated.jpg

Here is the River Rock I'll be using.

gr-bro42.jpg

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Got a lot of the sprinkler system squared away. I ended up running a new drop with four extra sprinklers. I ended up replacing a lot of the heads, moving them around, adjusting them to the right height, etc. The system was pretty wacky how it was. Spent about $250 on parts for the system so that gives you an idea how much I did. I've got a few more to do tomorrow. Guys are coming tomorrow to lay the sod as well, pretty excited.

Sod.jpg

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
These guys are nuts.. I don't know how they do it. I'm beat! I spent $40 on some KFC and they are back kicking it's ass.

a7484e3f.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Hell of a difference man! Now you can finally enjoy your yard and love pulling up to your home more each time you drive up. Guess I should stop being lazy and finally walk out and cut my back yard haha. Post of more pics of the backyard once they get done.

Plan on doing any other landscaping in the backyard?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Hell of a difference man! Now you can finally enjoy your yard and love pulling up to your home more each time you drive up. Guess I should stop being lazy and finally walk out and cut my back yard haha. Post of more pics of the backyard once they get done.

Plan on doing any other landscaping in the backyard?

I'm extending the small slab outside of the screen door to the patio about 10 sq ft. There are going to be two planters on each side of the house with the same arrangement as the front. Continuing the rock around the whole house like the front. Eventually I'm going to get a tree for the back right corner or there about. Maybe do something else, time will tell.

Along with what I said earlier in the front I'm trying to find some urn sandstone pots to plant two mini sago palms and they are going to go beside the overhead garage door. The front yard eventually is going to get a crape myrtle to the right side of the yard. It won't be for a while though. I think I'm going to build a mailbox out of the same stone as on the front of the house.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like you pretty much have it all planned out. I was looking at putting two potted plants on each side of the garage also just haven't got around to it. Heading back to home depot in a bit to pick up some more plants for around the front of the house. I need to stay out of your thread cause everytime I open it you just give me more ideas for my house and make me spend more money haha

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Looks absolutely fantastic! I am envious of your new lawn sir. I just mowed mine this morning, makes me sad cause half of my back yard I dont need to mow, there's nothing there lol! I will be doing some serious grass growing this spring

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hope those lights work out better for you than the ones we have. The solar ones we have suck and go out about 5 hours after it gets dark. Switching over to the wired system as soon as I get some cash.

Your yard and house look great though.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Well, I've been taking my time designing the landscape. I've done a lot of reading on it and it's truly amazing the amount of information there is. I'm talking about how professional landscapers work and design. I shouldn't really say professional because that makes it seem like anyone doing it but the guys that have a degree. It's crazy!

Anyways, here is the plan as of right now for the two front plant beds.

The plant beds are going to be broken up into three tiers. First tier I'm going to use Boxwood for the bushes against the window. They don't grow too tall, quite thick, so it should work out perfectly. I'm still using the varigated Lirope. I'm going to use it in a random pattern along the second tier. The third tier will be a combination of Yellow and Orange Marigold. There is a third White flower but can't think of it of the top of my head. Quite similar in size, shape, design etc.

Beside the sidewalk leading into the front door entry way will be two sago palms. The plan is to keep them smaller, once they get to big I'll just rip them out and start over. I still need to figure out a plant or something to go beside the garage door. I'm even considering using some sort of water effect on both sides.

I forgot I had some Live Oaks and Red Buds growing in pots at my parent's. So I'm going to plant one of the Live Oaks in the front yard. It's really small though but I figure why not, it's free! It's about 1/2" around and 3" ft tall now but it's in a small pot so it'll probably take off once it gets transplanted.

Also going to separate my yard from the neighbors on the right because they are just not going to take care of their yard when they do replace it. I'm going to make a divider with 12" of the Brown River Rock with about knee height bushes along the length spaced. I forget the name but I'll post a picture once I grab my list from my office.

When I started typing this I did not expect it to be this long... FUCK!

I hope those lights work out better for you than the ones we have. The solar ones we have suck and go out about 5 hours after it gets dark. Switching over to the wired system as soon as I get some cash.

Your yard and house look great though.

I hope so too! If they stop working I'll be able to get them replaced. However, like I said we had lost power when we went and bought these. My fiance pulled one of the strips out to turn them "on". The light from a little tiny LED work light ended up lighting it up for about 5 hours. It had only been exposed to it for 10 minutes at most. I couldn't believe it.

Thanks for the compliments!!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Loving your house more and more Nasty!! Not sure if we will build a house or buy an existing home. Either way, I may ask you for some landscaping advice!

Back