Opinions Wanted

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I currently have the Pypes Violator axle backs on my car but I'm wanting a louder setup. I'm either going to go with some type of muffler delete axle back or an off road H pipe. Ive watched all the videos on these set ups and it's hard to tell which sounds the best. What do you guys think??? Getting a tune to turn the rear o2's off is no problem as I have a friend who does tuning with HP Tuners. So give me honest opinions. There are not many Mustangs around where I live so I don't have the opportunity to listen in person.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
you want something louder that Violators? Is there such a thing. Those are muffler deletes, not mufflers, aren't they?

If not, Pypes, Borla, FRPP, and SLP all make muffler deletes.

Last edited:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
The Violators are not muffler deletes. They are a straight thru muffler design. Pypes does make 2 different muffler delete systems though.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Get the offroad midpipe first before you switch mufflers. That will increase the sound of those pypes muffs. The violaters are pretty loud with an offroad setup. But if you want loud you can never go wrong with deletes or SLPs.

But I advise not running SLP loudmouths with an offroad midpipe, doesn't sound too good.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Get the offroad midpipe first before you switch mufflers. That will increase the sound of those pypes muffs. The violaters are pretty loud with an offroad setup. But if you want loud you can never go wrong with deletes or SLPs.

But I advise not running SLP loudmouths with an offroad midpipe, doesn't sound too good.
agreed. SLP has to be the loudest ive heard...but louders not always better...ive never liked the way SLP sounded...i just think it sounds like...well, shit.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
The violators are not straight through. They are like the Dynamax design without all the deadening material. If you want a louder exhaust, try Pypes M-80 mufflers and their mid-muffler system. With an O/R X it's plenty loud. I think an H pipe sounds better at an idle, but I like the performance of an X pipe, and it sounds like a nascar up top. I get nothing but compliments about my exhaust, and what complaints I do get, are that the exhaust is too loud. The cams help a lot in that aspect, lol. Regardless, that exhaust setup is very loud.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
My dynomax system uses straight through mufflers instead of the chambered style.... It's pretty loud from what I'm told. The pypes mid-muffler system is a good option.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back