Ordered MMR motor mount adapter plates for teksid swap

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
i ordered the mounts from MMR as they were the only ones to have some in stock, called JPC and SHM and no one had them in stock and didnt know when they would have them in stock, well i jst got them yesterday and only got one in the box, what my question is, should there be two plates or jst one for the swap?

i know mmr dont have a good rep but they are the only ones who had them in stock and i kinda want to get this swap done soon

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
i ordered the mounts from MMR as they were the only ones to have some in stock, called JPC and SHM and no one had them in stock and didnt know when they would have them in stock, well i jst got them yesterday and only got one in the box, what my question is, should there be two plates or jst one for the swap?

i know mmr dont have a good rep but they are the only ones who had them in stock and i kinda want to get this swap done soon

Ford Racing didn't have any? I've only seen the frpp plates and there were two. They were also already mounted.

$(KGrHqNHJDME63ZMVB1cBOz+dB5ISg~~60_12.JPG

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
they were a bit more pricier than the mmr ones but i did not call about the ford racing ones

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
yea it looks like i am gonna have to eat up the money and jst order a set from them because i want it done right and i dont want to have any header clearence issues

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
yea it looks like i am gonna have to eat up the money and jst order a set from them because i want it done right and i dont want to have any header clearence issues

You might want to pm 19cobra93 on this site for a good price on them. There's also Tousley Ford.

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
yea, we will see how that goes on the phone tommarrow with them, see if i can get my money back

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
ok so i guess i am gonna eat the money for the mmr ones, now these ford racing mounts they will for sure 100% work with my teksid swap if so i will place my order on friday, in the pic above is that everything that comes with the kit

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
we had another member long ago order those from MMR and they were shit and it was a nightmare to get it to work. They couldn't even get brackets made right... MMR is:

image.png

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Ford Racing didn't have any? I've only seen the frpp plates and there were two. They were also already mounted.

$(KGrHqNHJDME63ZMVB1cBOz+dB5ISg~~60_12.JPG

Teksids only have three bolt holes. The adapter plates that FR sells allow you to bolt the S197 mounts to any current 4.6/5.4 block.

The FR units come with new mounts because they mill the extra material of the back of the mounts to make up for the thickness of the spacers............correct???

Lee

Last edited:

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
so if anybody knows the correct part number to the ford racings ones i would like to know so i can get the right ones the first time

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back