Our 2010 tear down has begun.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I dropped of the car at our good friends Power By the Hour in Boynton Beach. Jake and his crew are prepping the car for our up and coming 5.0 Magazine article which will be done this Thursday and Friday. Steve Turner will be covering the entire build of our car. I'll be sure to take tons of pics and stuff for you guys as well.

The plan is to have everything apart and ready to go back in on Thursday and have it finished by the end of the week. So far we've taken off the intake, exhaust, front bumper, heat exchanger, and have undone most of the wiring harness. Tomorrow the stock motor and tranny will come out as well as the stock fuel system. We'll then prep the new motor and everything else will get ready to be reinstalled.

Here's a list of what we've got ready to be installed.

Boss330 Racing Long Block- Ford GT Aluminum Block, Manley I-Beams, Custom CP Pistons/Rings, ARP Hardware, Custom Heads by Chris@Champion, Custom cams spec'd by Al Papitto, Bronze valve guides, stainless valves, high lift springs and retainers, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley
Whipple 3.4L Crusher Kit with Whipple Throttle Body and Whipple CAI
American Racing Headers 1-7/8" Longtubes with 3" Offroad X-pipe
Magnaflow 3" Catback with Magnapack Mufflers
Lethal Performance Triple Pump Return Style Fuel System-Featuring Fore Precision Works Fuel Hat, Rails and Y-Blocks
Siemens Deka 80lb High Impedence Injectors
Fore Precision Works 8.8 Billet Differential Cover
Shelby Dual Pass Heat Exchanger by Revan Racing/C&R Racing
Reische Performance 170deg High Performance Thermostat
Moroso Intercooler Reservoir and Radiator Expansion Tank
Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch kit with Steel Flywheel
Driveshaft Shop 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft
BMR K-Member, Adjustable A-Arms, K-member support brace, Driveshaft loop
Steeda Complete Rear Drag Suspension- Competition Upper and Lower Control Arms, Panhard Rod, Panhard Brace, Torque Box Brace
Eibach Sportline Spring Kit
Steeda Tri-ax Shifter
Project 321 Coil Covers and Engine Bay Dress Up Kit

Got a bunch of other stuff as well but we'll leave that for another day.

Can't wait to get this car up and running. Although we're totally going to ruin this beautiful brand new car it's gonna be SICK once it's done!!

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how do these builds work? Are many of the parts sponsored? That would seem very expensive just for a magazine article. I know it will help your business in the long run, but wow.

It will be a monster of a rig though. Can't wait to see the results.

Boozshey

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how do these builds work? Are many of the parts sponsored?

I've often wondered the same. However, all the sponorship packages that I have seen ask for very specific details on what's going on with the car, events, magazines, parts, even who else is in on the sponsoring and what they are contributing.

That's was an app for a joe off the street. I'm just assuming that things in the industry are a little different. And a lot of handshaking and/or phone calls are made for parts. This is all assumption on the way "real life" usually works. So we may never know. I'm sure the shops won't just say, "Yeah it's all free donations." I dunno maybe they will... :poke:

About the BUILD...

:worth:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that's some build Jared!!! Best on the build!!!

what are you doing with the take-off parts?

STACYSTANGZ

forum member
Reaction score
:rock: Cannot wait to see this car when it is finished!!!!

Let us know what track your running it at, when it happens...
:pompoms:

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how do these builds work? Are many of the parts sponsored? That would seem very expensive just for a magazine article. I know it will help your business in the long run, but wow.

It will be a monster of a rig though. Can't wait to see the results.

Most of the parts are given to us by the manufacturers we deal with. We tell them about the project and the exposure it's going to receive and ask if they'd like to participate. We never expect anything to actually be given to us for free but do ask if there's anyway that they can help out. In regards to this build the most expensive part was the motor. Although we got a break on the parts and labor it was still a very expensive piece of the project.

You guys should have gone with the Shelby shifter instead of the tri-ax. Ordered the Shleby for my TR6060 swap, looks like one hell of a piece!

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07...d-billet-aluminum-performance-shifter-p-29787

We used the Tri-Ax in our 08' and loved it. I know that the stock and Shelby shifter have double arms on them where the Tri-ax doesn't but again we liked the Tri-ax on our 08' so we stuck with what worked well for us before.

that's some build Jared!!! Best on the build!!!

what are you doing with the take-off parts?

Thanks Dave.

As far as the parts go I'm gonna have Jonas go to Jakes on Monday with his F250 and haul all of the parts back to us and put them in the warehouse. We'll be posting up some of the items for sale including the stock 2010 motor. If there's anything you're interested in let me know.

Thanks, Jared

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a few more pics of our car being put together at Power By The Hour in Boynton Beach, FL. Our good friend Jake and his crew worked extremely hard the last 2 days working extra long hours to get everything done for the article. I'm only going to post a few pics for now as you'll be able to see the entire thing in an up coming 5.0 Mustang Magazine article! Big thanks to Steve Turner for taking so much interest in our car and spending 2 full 90+deg days with us at the shop. Thanks to everyone else involved.

IMG_0222-1.jpg

IMG_0219-1.jpg

IMG_0180-1.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0263-1.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0296_2.jpg

Here's a list of everything that we installed.
Boss330 Racing Long Block- Ford GT Aluminum Block, Manley I-Beams, Custom CP Pistons/Rings, ARP Hardware, Custom Heads by Chris@Champion, Custom cams spec'd by Al Papitto, Bronze valve guides, stainless valves, high lift springs and retainers, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley
Whipple 3.4L Crusher Kit with Whipple Throttle Body and Whipple CAI
American Racing Headers 1-7/8" Longtubes with 3" Offroad X-pipe
Magnaflow 3" Catback with Magnapack Mufflers
Lethal Performance Triple Pump Return Style Fuel System-Featuring Fore Precision Works Fuel Hat, Rails and Y-Blocks
Siemens Deka 80lb High Impedence Injectors
Fore Precision Works 8.8 Billet Differential Cover
Shelby Dual Pass Heat Exchanger by Revan Racing/C&R Racing
Reische Performance 170deg High Performance Thermostat
Moroso Intercooler Reservoir and Radiator Expansion Tank
Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch kit with Steel Flywheel
Driveshaft Shop 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft
BMR K-Member, Adjustable A-Arms, K-member support brace, Driveshaft loop
Steeda Complete Rear Drag Suspension- Competition Upper and Lower Control Arms, Panhard Rod, Panhard Brace, Torque Box Brace
Eibach Sportline Springs
QA1 Front Coil Over Kit with UPR Springs
QA1 Caster Camber Plates
QA1 Adjustable Rear Shocks
Steeda Tri-ax Shifter
Project 321 Coil Covers and Engine Bay Dress Up Kit
ThumpRRR Racing Tensioner

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Holy hell, that thing looks beast! Can't wait to follow this and see the results.

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
I'd be scared if I pulled up to that thing at a light. And the chances of that happening are higher than others because I'm right down the road lol.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
what kind of numbers you guys shooting for?

9's is all we're really are concerned about. So whatever it takes to get there. However with what we have it shouldn't be an issue.

Is it running yet????

Not yet. It should be finished up tomorrow then we'll flash it with a base tune to get it running.

wow...Thats badass...Any exterior stuff being done?

No exterior mods planned at this time.

Jared, how much for the stock clutch, pressure plate and flywheel?

Sorry bro but its not for sale. I've got to send it off to a friend for him to check out and then we'll have it as a backup.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With the 170 deg thermo, does that mean the engine is always running in open loop? And if so, why that? Is there no way to "make power" and tune a "monster build" like this in closed loop?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back