Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ended up at about 90.00 a sq ft.
That's about what I was hoping to hear. Very comparable to building prices in Texas. Congrats on your new digs. looking good. What has the total build time been so far? Damn, I remember when we built this house they told us 90 days. Took 7 months. Wouldn't have sucked quite so much except we were selling two other houses at the same time, one of which we were living in. And of course exactly what you want to happen happened...well, want to happen unless you are waiting on another house... the house we were living in sold to the first person that looked at it, and sold before it was technically on the market. So I had to rent my own house.

Up in Rio Rancho
The woman and I have been seriously considering moving around the Santa Fe area. I assume building prices wouldn't be much worse there.

Congrats nice house I would kill for a 3 car garage.
It's not all it's cracked up to be. I have a 3 car garage now. Throw two vehicles, two work benches, a tool chest, a beer fridge, two Harleys and a few odds and ends in there and you damn near can't walk through it. Next time I build, it will be a 4 car attached to the house and a minimum of an 8 car detached.

Last edited:

Visuvious

forum member
Reaction score
That's about what I was hoping to hear. Very comparable to building prices in Texas. Congrats on your new digs. looking good. What has the total build time been so far? Damn, I remember when we built this house they told us 90 days. Took 7 months. Wouldn't have sucked quite so much except we were selling two other houses at the same time, one of which we were living in. And of course exactly what you want to happen happened...well, want to happen unless you are waiting on another house... the house we were living in sold to the first person that looked at it, and sold before it was technically on the market. So I had to rent my own house.

The woman and I have been seriously considering moving around the Santa Fe area. I assume building prices wouldn't be much worse there.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I have a 3 car garage now. Throw two vehicles, two work benches, a tool chest, a beer fridge, two Harleys and a few odds and ends in there and you damn near can't walk through it. Next time I build, it will be a 4 car attached to the house and a minimum of an 8 car detached.

The total build time so far has been about four months. I like the fact that they take the time make sure all is well. There is another builder in town that has been rushing through there builds. It turns out they screwed up an entire community. They did all the foundations wrong so the whole community is sinking.

Out towards Santa Fe the prices get a lot higher. I used to go up to Santa Fe a lot when I worked on forklifts. There is a reall nice community out here called Mariposa you should check it out online. There are two downsides to Santa Fe, well three actually. The prices are outrageous, the roads just suck the city planner must have been on LSD, also it is ranked one of the most gayest city's in America.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new home!! Looks like a very nice set-up.

Yep. I totally agree. My last place had an oversized 2 car that was filled to the gills with 2 cars, waverunner and a Harley (plus tools of course). So when I built my new place, I purposely designed it with 2 attached doubles. Yeah, it is nice as I can easily park the 3 cars along with having ample space for tools, his/hers work benches, storage, compressor room, frig, riding mower, sink, etc. But I should have made the smaller one a triple as it is never enough!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back