Overheating with Procharger

yur2slo

Yur2Slo
Reaction score
there is a tsb on you a/c clutch. mine exploded basically early this week. it might be binding up and draging the motor down. it was harder to start my car even. just reaching for something. running 15psi with a procharger in az with stock cooling and it runs nice and cool

LuckyFlyingROUSH

forum member
Reaction score
The 160 degree t-stat would have been my first recommendation, but since you do that let it get up into the higher degree range and use your SCT to monitor the ect. Once it gets into that range check your fan...see if the high speed is actually on. (may have a blown fuse...relay) Open the cap to make sure the water is flowing at that higher temp as well. I would personally switch to the 2010 radiator hoses since the 05 hoses were a mess on my old procharger setup and caused mine to have tons of excess heat.

Stupid question but you have 50/50 antifreeze in the system and not straight antifreeze correct? Since you live in texas you could actually get away with Distilled water and 50/50 antifreeze mixed equally. That would help.

The last thought is that your A/C is either overcharged or under charged throwing enormous amounts of heat into the ac condenser which is right in front of your radiator...thus causing tons of excess heat to be pulled through your radiator.

The Big Herm

Build in Progress
Reaction score
I appreciate your input. I am going to look into everything...even the distilled water (I didn't even know that)

This is really giving me a lot to look into. Pretty awesome feedback.

The Big Herm

Build in Progress
Reaction score
Ok, so the outcome of my problem was simple. SOOOO simple that I wan't to cry. The guys that did my custom tune turned off the fan and didn't turn it back on... This is why I prefer to do my own tunes.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that's just too darn funny right there. Glad to hear it was something that simple!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Ok, so the outcome of my problem was simple. SOOOO simple that I wan't to cry. The guys that did my custom tune turned off the fan and didn't turn it back on... This is why I prefer to do my own tunes.

so you had no fans the whole entire time...lol

The Big Herm

Build in Progress
Reaction score
I could have SWORE I heard my fans running, but with the plumbing for the procharger I couldnt really get eyes on...The tuner is an asshole.

The Big Herm

Build in Progress
Reaction score
You know...I called him up this evening to ask him just that. Waiting to see if they answer my voicemail. The more I sit and think about this, the more pissed off I get.

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
If I was never going to use him again I would throw him down and give his info out. . .

The Big Herm

Build in Progress
Reaction score
If I was never going to use him again I would throw him down and give his info out. . .

I'm thinking about giving his info out if they don't make this right. I mean...there isn't much they can do now, of course, but they can make it right somehow.

The Big Herm

Build in Progress
Reaction score
by the way, didn't I ask back in post #3 if the fans were running?

As I said earlier, I believe I heard the fans running but with the plumbing of the procharger I couldn't get eyes on. It is my fault for saying the fans were running, though, without getting eyes on the fan.

I, obviously, don't think I'll be going back to this shop except for maybe dyno runs as I don't feel like driving an hour each time I gotta put her up on the dyno.

G.AlMuhairi

forum member
Reaction score
My advice for you is to go for a 160 thermostat and add coolant additive to your radiator. here in Dubai it goes to 50c+ sometimes and I never had an issue after changing my thermostat.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back