overseas mustang sale

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Just got a phone call from my buddy who is in the shipping business. He was all excited about a mustang they are shipping to Amsterdam today. He though he had something rare on his hands, especially for the price. Turns out it is an 08 GT/CS and all I can tell is aftermarket is projector headlights, hood pins, and a CAI. He said the invoice is for $220,000. WTF?

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
See if he can find out who the dealer on that was... I would gladly sell mine for half that!

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
my point exactly. When I first got my car back in Oct. 04, I had been told that I could ship my car to Europe and sell it for about $150K but that was when they were brand spanking new and hardly anybody had one. Now they are a dime a dozen.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
That's not true at all. My family owns a dealership that specializes in exporting vehicles and I can tell you it is nowhere near that expensive.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
That's not true at all. My family owns a dealership that specializes in exporting vehicles and I can tell you it is nowhere near that expensive.

What is not true? Are you suggesting that my friend is lying about what is on the invoice?

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
thats what I was thinking too. I know he isnt lying to me. I'm just trying to figure out what is stashed in that car to make it cost so much. I wouldnt be surprised if the seats get slashed by customs during inspection. lol

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't say he was lying, maybe he was misinformed. I don't see why someone would get excited over a mustang, it's not like it's uncommon to see one. The price would be slightly higher, but nowhere near that much.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I didn't say he was lying, maybe he was misinformed. I don't see why someone would get excited over a mustang, it's not like it's uncommon to see one. The price would be slightly higher, but nowhere near that much.

He doesnt know anything about mustangs and he knows I am a fanatic. He probably saw the GT/CS on it with projector headlights and thought it was some rare special edition that was worth a lot of money. I'm gonna try to get over there and locate the bag of diamonds under the dash board. lol

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Well being the dollar is one of the worse currencies right now hard to say what it is.

But talking with Iraqi's here (deployed) a 04 mustang can cost you 40K. And they consider this new.

We was talking about the 5.0 and one Iraq said we have one these mustangs here. New one. Should him pic of mine and he said no different. Should him pic of 90s 5.0 he said yes like this. But is was new to them and clean car so it was new vehicle. That is when i learned there new and ours is different. Its like this with all there cars. But i have seen newer charger and 300s here.

Kuwait is different story. You see new everything there. Camaro's/mustangs/chally's/vettes ZO6/ZR1/Lambos/Ferrari/etc etc.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Well being the dollar is one of the worse currencies right now hard to say what it is.

But talking with Iraqi's here (deployed) a 04 mustang can cost you 40K. And they consider this new.

We was talking about the 5.0 and one Iraq said we have one these mustangs here. New one. Should him pic of mine and he said no different. Should him pic of 90s 5.0 he said yes like this. But is was new to them and clean car so it was new vehicle. That is when i learned there new and ours is different. Its like this with all there cars. But i have seen newer charger and 300s here.

Kuwait is different story. You see new everything there. Camaro's/mustangs/chally's/vettes ZO6/ZR1/Lambos/Ferrari/etc etc.

It's interesting actually. We specialize in exporting vehicles to the Middle East. To import a car into Iraq, the car has to be 2009 or NEWER. That means anything 2008 and under is not allowed to enter the country. The vehicles we send to Iraq go through Jordan first, which are usually VERY high mileage or wrecked. They don't use carfax there, so the most common thing for dealers to do in that area is to roll back the mileage and sell it as a low mileage car. Kuwait must be 2007 and up, Saudi Arabia is 2006 and up, etc. As for pricing, it depends on the tariffs for each country. For example, a 2006 Mustang that costs say $15,000, you would pay the same tariff on a 2006 as a 2011. The tariffs depend on the Make and Model of the car, Korean made cars(Hyundai, Kia) have the lowest tariff's. American cars also have low tariffs, unlike Japanese cars and European made cars. Hybrids also have the lowest tariffs. Tariffs can sometimes cost more than the actual car, which dealers factor into the price. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and U.A.E have no tariffs on importing cars. Iraq and Jordan do, though.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
It's interesting actually. We specialize in exporting vehicles to the Middle East. To import a car into Iraq, the car has to be 2009 or NEWER. That means anything 2008 and under is not allowed to enter the country. The vehicles we send to Iraq go through Jordan first, which are usually VERY high mileage or wrecked. They don't use carfax there, so the most common thing for dealers to do in that area is to roll back the mileage and sell it as a low mileage car. Kuwait must be 2007 and up, Saudi Arabia is 2006 and up, etc. As for pricing, it depends on the tariffs for each country. For example, a 2006 Mustang that costs say $15,000, you would pay the same tariff on a 2006 as a 2011. The tariffs depend on the Make and Model of the car, Korean made cars(Hyundai, Kia) have the lowest tariff's. American cars also have low tariffs, unlike Japanese cars and European made cars. Hybrids also have the lowest tariffs. Tariffs can sometimes cost more than the actual car, which dealers factor into the price. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and U.A.E have no tariffs on importing cars. Iraq and Jordan do, though.

Ya they tell us they get cars from Turkey. Some say they get threw Jordan but they are higher prices. You see some new Toyota's in Iraq or Opels or other Euro/imports. Not a lot of new American cars though. Ones you see that are new are usually SUV's. Just amazes me what they consider new here.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back