P0053 P0054 P0059 P0060 all at once !!

shadad

Reaction score
Hi there :)

I have strange issue keep appearing since i replaced my ECU/ PCM from junk yeard. i have like these codes keep appearing. all of them at once P0053 P0054 P0059 P0060. (attached)

I thought Ok! maybe its the O2 sensor is dead and so i changed them all ( all 4 upstream and downstream). still the issue appearing after like 2 days or 3. then i replaced only one thinking maybe the guy who installed them messed them up somehow. still the codes come back! not one or 2 but all of them.

I can see there is volts/ signal on them according to the ODBII just like before i replaced them and the device showing they are active and running fine. also wires are ok.(attached)

what could be the issue?? PCM? maybe i need to re tune it to stock as i can see the fan initiate at early rpm and the IDLE rpm is high? maybe the previous owner was programming the PCM for specific Octane as i read on some sites if the tune is not fixed this might happen?

there is like CAT pop if i rev the car high on stop, i don't think its because of the cats as i know if cats are dead there will be another code.

Car is running Perfect. no issues, no low MPG, no idle issue..nothing at all. its perfect 100% like new :) . but this fu***n engine light every couple of days is driving me crazy lol.

can anyone advise? otherwise i would go to the dealer and flush the Stock tune as i dont see anything i can do after this point.

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-19 at 17.00.23.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-19 at 17.00.24.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-19 at 17.00.241.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-19 at 17.00.2411.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-19 at 17.00.2523.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-19 at 17.00.251111.jpg

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Have you verified the PCM code is the same? Has the car been programmed to know there is a different PCM in it? What year car? What is the part number of the PCM you installed?

shadad

Reaction score
Have you verified the PCM code is the same? Has the car been programmed to know there is a different PCM in it? What year car? What is the part number of the PCM you installed?

Hi 86GT351 :)

pardon me to ask, what is the PCM Code? all i know for my car Mustang 2005 GT Automatic the PCM should be specific meant for this model and this transmission type otherwise it wont work. its very hard to find the PCM for this model here hahahah. The car working perfect except the issue i mentioned. i feel it was programmed or tuned before on the donated car. how? the Idle RPM is high (around 870 on idle and 1000 at first start ), also the Fan kick earlier before it reached the OEM temperature. like it was tuned for racing or so (high idle RPM, fan kick early to keep the temperature cool..etc).

I want to know if i can do anything simple to verify before i work on the PCM thing. I still have the old one and the replaced one. you tell me how to get the Code otherwise i will screenshot both stickers and post it here for you. again, the car driven 200% perfect.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Im not looking up any more codes.
Screen shot of "see web...." Is not a code description.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Hi 86GT351 :)

pardon me to ask, what is the PCM Code? all i know for my car Mustang 2005 GT Automatic the PCM should be specific meant for this model and this transmission type otherwise it wont work. its very hard to find the PCM for this model here hahahah. The car working perfect except the issue i mentioned. i feel it was programmed or tuned before on the donated car. how? the Idle RPM is high (around 870 on idle and 1000 at first start ), also the Fan kick earlier before it reached the OEM temperature. like it was tuned for racing or so (high idle RPM, fan kick early to keep the temperature cool..etc).

I want to know if i can do anything simple to verify before i work on the PCM thing. I still have the old one and the replaced one. you tell me how to get the Code otherwise i will screenshot both stickers and post it here for you. again, the car driven 200% perfect.
On the PCM itself there should be a 4 digit code. What is the part number for the PCM? Coming from a junk yard you could have a defective item. Was there any programming done? PCM is not a plug and play item. The vehicle needs to be told there is another PCM in the vehicle.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I had to replace the PCM on my 05' several years ago, still don't know what caused it, but I had to search for a computer with the same code as mine (BKT3). I found one at a local junk yard out of a running car and it had warranty too.

I know a local Ford tech who does computer/key reprogramming on the side. He came to my house downloaded latest software and reprogrammed both my keys. Car has run great ever since.

IMG_2685.JPEG IMG_2730.JPEG

shadad

Reaction score
On the PCM itself there should be a 4 digit code. What is the part number for the PCM? Coming from a junk yard you could have a defective item. Was there any programming done? PCM is not a plug and play item. The vehicle needs to be told there is another PCM in the vehicle.

i got you.
i will get both codes and post it. the shop did the installation mentioned he took my old programmed PCM and upload it to the replaced one which i think is not true as the Idle RPM is not the same (high a little) and the fan kick faster. so there is still a possibility that it need a stock tune.

i can confirm he did at less the key programming only.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
i got you.
i will get both codes and post it. the shop did the installation mentioned he took my old programmed PCM and upload it to the replaced one which i think is not true as the Idle RPM is not the same (high a little) and the fan kick faster. so there is still a possibility that it need a stock tune.

i can confirm he did at less the key programming only.

Key and VIN programming is a must. It will probably run without VIN programming, but it will fail an emission OBD scan as VIN wont match registration.
A dealer should be able to flash the correct PCM code to the replacement PCM. This is not the same as programming keys and VIN.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Key and VIN programming is a must. It will probably run without VIN programming, but it will fail an emission OBD scan as VIN wont match registration.
A dealer should be able to flash the correct PCM code to the replacement PCM. This is not the same as programming keys and VIN.
Correct. Will run but not correctly due to programming

shadad

Reaction score
Hi all :)

here is the one I have previously and the one installed now. i dont have the very old one (Yes this is the 2nd time it got replaced). i can see many codes are same even tho am not good with what it mean these lines on the stickers.

what you guys think? a tune might correct this one? i have seen bad tuning happen for many guys that tried to tune it for different Octane and only when they return it stock it fixed it. i have couple of signs that the current PCM was tuned before (Idle RPM high, Fan kick early..).

car is running PERFECT. no idle issue, no other erros, no jerking, no lost power. its just these 4 codes i mentioned on my top post.

OEM.PNG

replaced.png

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Forget the tune. It needs to be flashed by the dealer so the vehicle recognizes the new PCM. Once that is corrected you can worry about a tune.

shadad

Reaction score
Forget the tune. It needs to be flashed by the dealer so the vehicle recognizes the new PCM. Once that is corrected you can worry about a tune.

Hi :)
just took the car like 3 days ago from the dealer. I have flashed the PCM. Idle now on proper RPM (before it was like 850 now 750 )also, Radiator fan turn on timing is returned to default which is good.

but ..still am getting the same stupid P0053 P0054 P0059 P0060 . i dont think its wiring as all of them throw these codes at once. i replaced all of them and one of them later as test after that. so i dont think also its a sensor issue (also i see voltage on the ODBII).

maybe the PCM has issue? but the car is driving smooth without any idle or accelerate or even MPG issue. strange!

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Has the Transmission recently been out of the vehicle? Maybe the harness is plugged into the wrong spots? Could be a harness concern or yes it could be a bad PCM.

shadad

Reaction score
Has the Transmission recently been out of the vehicle? Maybe the harness is plugged into the wrong spots? Could be a harness concern or yes it could be a bad PCM.

Yes its is. but i think the harness are all ok. as when i replaced the o2 twice i made sure all connected right. if i give it like 2 days it will go away then it will come back. i think its the replaced PCM.
i will try to fix the old one i have and then test it. ( i still have it ..maybe i can rescue it lol ).

thank you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back