P115E code

DERRY90

forum member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on here so bear with me. I searched everywhere but didn't find a topic related to mine. My mustang, under normal and hard acceleration will go, then hesitate then continue accelerating with my foot still on the pedal. One time I merged on to the freeway and it stop accelerating then continued, stopped then continued going. Like a jerking motion while I accelerate. I plugged my tuner (superchips) in the obd2 port to read codes, and got p115e, was told that it pretty much means my throttle body is dirty but does anyone have more detailed input, on what I can do? Thanks. If this was discussed already, point me where and I'll post on that topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I'm going to state the obvious first. Have you tried cleaning your T-body and clearing the code? Result?

P115E - Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Throttle Body Air Flow Trim at Max Limit

If you did, and it's doing the same thing with the same code, it could be tune related. There is a calculation done in the tune for throttle angle and expected air, all that jazz I'm really not a tuner buff. But if it's jacked up in the tune, the T-body will do such things as you're experiencing.

If you've cleaned the T-body and can verify it isn't tune related, we could re-visit the T-body. If that is the case, I would try to get a hold of another T-body that you could perhaps borrow and see if the issue persists or goes away with a different t-body. If it does, it could be the mechanical guts of the actuator taking a dump and you'll need a new t-body. I actually think I have a spare stock t-body in the parts shed, if it comes down to needing one on the cheap. Works as far as I know, it came on an intake manifold I bought. I was keeping it as a spare for myself for my day of T-body malfunction or failure lol.

Hope any of this helps. Keep the thread updated!

DERRY90

forum member
Reaction score
I plan on cleaning it and clearing the code as my first step. Just haven't had the time due to school. It does have the problem on the stock tune as well. I'm going to make a checklist and I'll update as I troubleshoot. Thank you for the reply !

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I plan on cleaning it and clearing the code as my first step. Just haven't had the time due to school. It does have the problem on the stock tune as well. I'm going to make a checklist and I'll update as I troubleshoot. Thank you for the reply !

When you say "stock tune as well" I assume you have things like a cold air intake, delete plates, and/or cat-less or high-flow cat exhaust on the car, stuff like that?

My point is, you can't verify an aftermarket tune by using the stock tune, if the stock tune doesn't run right for the mods you have in the first place.

On that note, it would be handy to know what you have for mods. You don't have to throw your tuner under the bus, but you should consult your tuner and ask them to check the tune for possible throttle body errors relating to the P115E code. Unless your tuner is Lito, nobody ever says anything bad about that guy. You can throw him under the bus, LOL.

Back