P1SC upgrade to D1?

KMP_SGT1066

forum member
Reaction score
Well the P1 has kicked the bucket on me. Leaking seals and the other night something went way wrong and it is definitely not right. So it needs to be sent in for a rebuild either way. Thinking of upgrading to the D1 since I'll be sending it to them anyhow. Pros/cons? Will the boost level still be the same as on the P1 since I won't be doing a pulley change? I've heard that the D1 is more efficient and mayb wont have seal leakage in the future but idk. Any advice or opinions appreciated.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
Id def upgrade while sending it in. Dont have any experience with a d1 but have run a p1 and have a d1 waiting to go on when the new motor gets here. I believe the main advantages of the d1 are the quicker boost response and the fact it can be pullied to make more power. On the same pulley i think the d1 will make more power but im sure someone with experience will comment.

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
p1 more efficient with lower boost d1 more efficient with higher boost.

Might as well upgrade to d1, i believe its 1500?

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
thats what i had heard too on the price as i was considering upgrading my p1 before i picked up the d1. Some people have mentioned procharger dealer can get it done cheaper so you may want to check on that

KMP_SGT1066

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, I'll be giving them a call tomorrow and will def check around if anyone else could do it

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Upgrade to the D1SC. It will make more HP/TQ than the P1SC at every RPM because the impeller is much more efficient. As a rough estimate on a stock 3V. To make 15lbs of boost with the P1SC, you will need a 3.85" pulley. To make 15lbs with the D1SC, you will need a 4.38" pulley. The IAT's will be much lower with the D1SC as well.

I have a 3.85" pulley on my D1SC and make about 19lbs of boost in the summer and 20lbs in the winter.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
just checked the pulley on my d1 and its a 5", sounds like i need something decently smaller

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
just checked the pulley on my d1 and its a 5", sounds like i need something decently smaller

I have a 4.38" I will make you a good deal on. PM me if you want it.

As a rule of thumb, every .1"-1.5" in pulley diameter is worth 1lb of boost.

KMP_SGT1066

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling the rest of the kit and selling minus the head unit. Gonna return the car to how it was and sell it to get a '13 500. I didn't install the kit but I will be taking it off so any advice or tips on removing it? Also anyone have any idea what stage 2 intercoolers cost?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back