Painted valve covers & tinted lights

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Over the past couple of weekends I have been kind of bored so I completed a few projects on the Mustang. I painted the valve covers along with tinting all of the rear lights. I also added a polished GT power plug so I snapped a few quick pics. I hope you like them.
redvalvecovers001.jpg

redvalvecovers003.jpg

redvalvecovers014.jpg

redvalvecovers015.jpg

redvalvecovers006.jpg

redvalvecovers008.jpg

redvalvecovers010.jpg

redvalvecovers005.jpg

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Looks gooood. Spray paint?

Yeah it's just hi temp spray paint. I sanded them down really well with 300 grit and then cleaned them a few times just to be safe. Then I used hi temp primer, paint and clear. Hopefully they stay looking decent.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it's just hi temp spray paint. I sanded them down really well with 300 grit and then cleaned them a few times just to be safe. Then I used hi temp primer, paint and clear. Hopefully they stay looking decent.

I might try this.. Did you cover the cams while you're doing this?

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I might try this.. Did you cover the cams while you're doing this?

Yeah I covered them up with some new shop rags for the entire day while I was painting the covers in my shed. I just wanted to make sure no dust/dirt or anything got inside the heads while they were exposed.

HxCGuitars

Reaction score
Looks great! Any tips for saving the gaskets when you take them off? Pretty sure I'll paint mine when I do cams.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back