Painting wheel wells....

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
What are you guys using to paint your rear wheel wells? Mines looking a little blah. I Gave it a good wipe down today when I changed out my rear rotors/pads. But it could use a coat of paint. Satin im assuming? But what kind.

BlueDevil

BOOSTED!
Reaction score
I'd recommend rubberized undercoating instead of paint. Sand and clean them thoroughly so it will stick better.

chandlern

forum member
Reaction score
Can't think of anything that comes with it from the factory, regardless of location. That's a pretty tough area for paint to survive (probably why you don't see it done) I would go with something a little more high performance, maybe a light coat of undercoating, bed liner, or plastic dip...

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I've used Herculiner in the rear wheel wells and it works very well.

Pull the tires, cover up all the hardware that might be in "splatter' range. Saw the 01 Cobra I sold 2.5 years ago in a parking lot a couple of months ago and it still looked good.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll get tiny pea sized gravel thrown up in the rear wells from the horse trails in the area and it sounds like tiny gunshots on every piece. Might want to undercoat that as well.

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
I'd recommend rubberized undercoating instead of paint. Sand and clean them thoroughly so it will stick better.

I've used 3M rubberized undercoating and they don't needs a lot of prep. Just make sure there are no debris, oil, etc. and spray away. They do smell really bad for a week or so.

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
I went the cheap way and went with the rusteloum (something like that) flat black. It has been 3 weeks now and it still looks great

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back