PB with my Mike Rousch tuned 2011 6R80 GT

TimMcc

Reaction score
Mods are:

Boss IM, Airaid CAI, Pypes LT and Off Road X, Shaftmasters DS, BMR Sway Bar Delete. 275/50/15 MT Drag Radials.

Stock cat back exhaust. Stock suspension.

Circle D 5C going in this week.

DA was 1350. Corrected ET would be 11.73 @ 120 mph using the Drag Times calculator

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
^^ Very nice! I'm going with a Mike Rousch tune and a Lethal Performance O/R-H as soon as I get my tuner back.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. I spoke with Mike yesterday about what direction I wanted to take my car and he'll be hearing from me this week for parts and a tune.

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats... im surprised it runs that well with the stock converter and boss combo.

What is it shifting at?

I bet you pick up at least .5 from the converter.

TimMcc

Reaction score
Congrats... im surprised it runs that well with the stock converter and boss combo.

What is it shifting at?

I bet you pick up at least .5 from the converter.

Thanks man. I was pleasantly surprised as well. Shifting at 7500-7600

That's my thinking as well, .4-.5 seems to be about what most gain.

I'll do some suspension work to the rear once I go back to the track with the convertor.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Nice runs! I love my Mike Rousch tune. Glad to see his name finally getting around...IMO the best 5.0 auto tuner around.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
^^ Very nice! I'm going with a Mike Rousch tune and a Lethal Performance O/R-H as soon as I get my tuner back.
I'm selling my Lethal off road H if you're interested, $200. There is one guy ahead of you, but no payment yet. It was on a friends car for a few thousand miles. I decided against using it for a few reasons...let me know.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
I'm selling my Lethal off road H if you're interested, $200. There is one guy ahead of you, but no payment yet. It was on a friends car for a few thousand miles. I decided against using it for a few reasons...let me know.

Had already placed my order with Mike before you linked this. On the upside I got a military discount so only paid $270 for it shipped anyways. I may just put all new stuff on my car this time anyways. Last one I put a used supercharger, mid-pipe, axle-back, injectors, BAP, .etc on it and sometimes it can cause confusion when you're missing 1 piece or don't know how many miles are on things and such. Got a new car, might as well keep it new and keep all my receipts this time lol.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Had already placed my order with Mike before you linked this. On the upside I got a military discount so only paid $270 for it shipped anyways. I may just put all new stuff on my car this time anyways. Last one I put a used supercharger, mid-pipe, axle-back, injectors, BAP, .etc on it and sometimes it can cause confusion when you're missing 1 piece or don't know how many miles are on things and such. Got a new car, might as well keep it new and keep all my receipts this time lol.
No biggie, I just sold it last night. :boobies:

Retro5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new PB!!
How do find running the Boss IM working for you?
I was always under the impression that the Boss IM doesn't work well with the 6R80's

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new PB!!
I was always under the impression that the Boss IM doesn't work well with the 6R80's

It works nicely when the car shifts at 7500-7600 like Tim's does. Also with 26" tires. It will be even better when the new converter goes in. :)

Retro5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Ok that's the key... Higher shift points and the right tire.
Thanks for the info!!

TimMcc

Reaction score
Congrats on the new PB!!

Thanks man. I've been following KrisR's build as he's been successful with his car so far. My car pretty much mirrors his now with the exception that I have long tubes and a aluminum driveshaft and he just did some 11.40's! Just installed my 5C this past weekend. Wont be able to get to the track until sometime in May now.

Set up right, the 6R80's are a beast with the Boss IM.

TimMcc

Reaction score
Well, got back to the track with the 5C. Picked up a lot, best was 11.56 @118.8 with a 1.69 60. Track was slippery, prep was sub par. Most everyone was off where they should be on their 60's. Was hoping to data log, but left the laptop at home.

Probably going to be the last cool evening here for a while. 90's are coming.

Got some time to do some suspension work.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back