Pedal Assembly Clutch Wiring

Mustang504

Reaction score
Quick question... I am swapping from the 4.0 to the 4.6 and will also swap from auto to manual. Using my stock 4.0 Dash harness, which wire(s) will the clutch safe start connector need to be spliced with? If possible can you provide a photo or diagram? Thanks Guys

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
You have a connector tucked up way up above the pedals.
If you get a clutch pedal with the proper connectors, it'll plug right in.

Different year models have different connectors, so ideally, you'll want to get the proper clutch switches for your year model.

Mustang504

Reaction score
Ok. I have the 2005 Mustang GT pedal assembly and my car is the 05 V6. Can you describe this connector or anything that would help identify it? Pictures would be great! Ive uploaded the pedal assembly and im assuming your refering to the connector thats above the clutch pedal in red, its connecting piece is on the 05 Auto harness above the 05 auto pedal assembly... correct? And what about the 2 wires you see on the far west side of the assembly near the bottom, where do they tie in? And isnt the red connector suppose to have a white spring rod thats suppose to be engaged (pushed in) when the clutch is depressed? So that when I press in the clutch the rod disengages? May need to pick up a new one from ford if it is

Attachments

• 0702-190613.jpg
    0702-190613.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 0702-190540.jpg
    0702-190540.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 20

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Yeah it should be red on the harness.

On your pedal, I'm not sure about the 'plunger' on the red-connectored-switch, but it has to have something that moves with the pedal. I can look at mine over the weekend and maybe get a pic of it.

Mustang504

Reaction score
Yeah it should be red on the harness.

On your pedal, I'm not sure about the 'plunger' on the red-connectored-switch, but it has to have something that moves with the pedal. I can look at mine over the weekend and maybe get a pic of it.

thanks... that would be great! Trying to figure out those wires for the safety start feature also. i'd like to see how u did yours.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back