Pic(s) of welded bung needed...

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I need a pic or two of the wideband bung welded on Kooks headers. I need to get one welded on and I'd like to have a picture to show the shop. TIA...

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
bung.jpg

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And Doc comes through again. Thank you much. I thought most were placed on the passenger side. Does it make a difference? Did you have it done after the headers were installed? Seems like a tight fit to get a weld on the backside of the bung.

Posted the same thread on four sites to make sure I got a pic. Two of the four mainly gave me verbal instructions of how to do it...not what I asked for. Leave it to S197FORUM to provide exactly what we need every time!!! :rockband:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if it makes a difference which side it is on or not. I drove the car up to HPP, handed James the bung, and said hey, can you put this in for me. About 20 minutes later he walked by and said Oh yea, your car is done. I handed him $20 and drove off.

Yes, the headers were already on the car. He just took the cat off the car to do it.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if it makes a difference which side it is on or not. I drove the car up to HPP, handed James the bung, and said hey, can you put this in for me. About 20 minutes later he walked by and said Oh yea, your car is done. I handed him $20 and drove off.

Yes, the headers were already on the car. He just took the cat off the car to do it.

Hmmm, this shop quoted me around 50 euro ($70), but they hadn't seen what needed to be done yet. Maybe I should take the cat off and save a few $$$.

Thanks for the info and the pic, it's perfect.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After doing some reading I see some people have plugged their wideband sensor into the rear drivers side O2 port (as long as the rear sensors are off).

Pro's Con's to this?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It needs to be before the cat. Otherwise all it tells you is whether or not your cat is functioning the way it supposed to.

LeftOvers

Reaction score
Im installing my wideband right away I have an off road H pipe so my rear 02 sensors are off, i asked autometer if I could use the 02 sensor hole and they said definetly try it out, and that it should work.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im installing my wideband right away I have an off road H pipe so my rear 02 sensors are off, i asked autometer if I could use the 02 sensor hole and they said definetly try it out, and that it should work.

Well..yes.. off road pipes don't have cats. But as I told scramblr, if you have cats installing it in the rear bung is worthless.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
scrambler, it will not matter which side (driver or passenger) long tube or mid pipe you get the sensor mounted on as the readings from both sides should be extremely close to each other at all times. In a world where we all had endless money, we'd be running a wideband 6" downstream of each of the eight exhaust ports into a standalone engine management system and we'd be making our fuel and spark timing adjustments on a by-cylinder basis.

It is important to tell the shop that the sensor be mounted between the 3 o' clock or 9 o' clock position (or as close as humanly possible), and never, ever at the 6 o' clock position. When the car sits, condensation can form inside the exhaust and will primarily collect at the very top and very bottom of the pipe. This condensation can really damage a wideband over time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back