Picture Request: Yellow Brembos + Black rims

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I know what I'm requesting is quite a rare combination, just wanted to know if someone had the yellow brembos + black rims in a S197 car.

I saw this car loosing time over internet as always and I think it has a great looking, want something different than the usual red or black calipers.

I dont want bright schoolbus yellow, more of a little bit dark tone like the new Yellow Blaze Tricoat from the 2012 5.0

ferrari.jpg

And as in my sig ... red car with black rims .... so Yay or Nay ?

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Im a huge fan of yellow calipers on black wheels and have thought about doing that on my Saleen. BUT on a red car I think it looks too "McDonaldzy" haha if that makes sense at all. If you dont like red calipers I think silver would look good on your car. Do you have a bbk?

Last edited:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Im a huge of yellow calipers on black wheels and have thought about doing that on my Saleen. BUT on a red car I think it looks too "McDonaldzy" haha if that makes sense at all. If you dont like red calipers I think silver would look good on your car. Do you have a bbk?

Glad to see you come out of the closet! jk :naughty1:

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Mcdonaldzy ... LOL yeah I get your point, but I dont have any white on the car to make it look like that haha, if I had white stripes yeah then it would lol

whats a bbk btw?

Glad to see you come out of the closet! jk :naughty1:

LMAO didnt saw it till you point it out haha

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Yea, I think if we just have the small gt500 brembos/gt with brembo pack then it'll look funny yellow because the yellow is usually symbolizing carbon ceramic brakes which typically have much larger calipers. Just my opinion though. I guess if you had the 6 piston wilwood, brembo GT, or supersnake calipers then it'd be cool.

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, I think if we just have the small gt500 brembos/gt with brembo pack then it'll look funny yellow because the yellow is usually symbolizing carbon ceramic brakes which typically have much larger calipers. Just my opinion though. I guess if you had the 6 piston wilwood, brembo GT, or supersnake calipers then it'd be cool.

I couldnt agree more. A 6 pot front with a 4 pot rear would probably pull it off nicely

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
mmmmmm tough crowd tough crowd, then I should keep em black as they're!

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
yellow_brake2.jpg

:drool:

porschegt2red_2.jpg

scuderiaferrari.jpg

Yeah I know, these are supercars and I have ... a Mustang GT lol ... but the idea is there. Crap I hate our rear calipers.

Last edited:

28ONE

Reaction score
For the pic in post #1, the yellow calipers offsets the Ferrari emblems perfectly. I believe you could pull it off, really depends what color yellow you go with...I'd lose the black stripe on the doors, blackout the GT emblem and go back to a red spoiler. Perfect example is the Ford GT pic you posted...just my opinion :thumb:

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
mmmm I like the idea of a bright caliper color, but might leave them black, the major drawback is the rear caliper looks like a joke painted, might paint it black so it can fade with the black rims lol

Mustang_Rear_Brake_Upgrade19-vi.jpg

The looks of a 2 piece caliper kills the potential IMO :rant:

Last edited:

28ONE

Reaction score
I'll be facing same issue when I upgrade to brembo's myself. No choice but to paint the rears black. I still think you can pull it off bro...

Back