Pioneer AVIC X940BT

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Love it!!!

Enhanced the sound of my stock shaker door subs to a level where they sound like new, more powerful subs. The stock speakers are also now being used to their potential. No changes except for the head unit.

The Parking Bypass was a cinch. The Meta plug was the worst part, it works as advertised BUT the instructions are pretty vague but I just worked my way backwards until I had a few wires that I wasn't sure then googled them separately and found some didn't need to be wired at all.

BT works great. I routed my GPS and MIC wires according, the IPOD cable was also wired under the shifter console, eliminating the arm rest cigarette lighter, popping the cables through there.

GPS wire AND MIC wire ran in between the cluster plastic and left cheapy plastic piece on the sides of the console. The wire shows just an inch or two as I rap it up towards the top leather dash area and stick it there.

The Mic wire I ran the same way except it is 100% not visible since I put the mic on the steering column.

Everything works great, GPS, BT, BT calling, GPS is fast. I would recommend to anyone for a great 'budget' radio that doesn't sacrifice any features.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
yes, the 930 was what I based my purchase on. I installed it on my friends GTI and the 400 extra plugs necessary to make it work.

BlackedoutRedifre

forum member
Reaction score
ive been looking to upgrade my single din to a double din, how do you like the pioneer interface and quality of the bluetooth?

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Quality of the Bt in my car and my friends VW is excellent 100% auto connect success so far. Carries my iphone and ipod separately and accurately.

enhances stock speakers tremendously.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Seems like a good unit but I couldn't spend that on a double din. The nav is over priced on those if you ask me, when you can use your FREE and FREE updated nav on your phone and stream the audio. But good thing you got Pioneer. They make the best imo.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back