Planning a Ford Racing “Aluminator” Build with associated mods over the winter

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fire Extinguisher Install

Picked up a H3R Performance MaXout dry chemical fire extinguisher model number MAX100C and Scott Drake fire extinguisher mounting brackets. My car has an electric seat on the passenger side so the correct seat bracket was part number 5R3Z-FIREX-ELEC to mate with the quick release mount, part number FIREX-MNT=DAG.

Someone with skinny fingers may be able to install the seat mount without unbolting the seat, but not me. Rear seat bolt floor covers were slid off and the rear nuts removed with a 15mm socket. Seat was slide back and the front bolts removed with a 13mm socket. I used a piece of 4 x 4 to hold the seat up while installing the electric seat mounts. Not sure if the small Allen head cap screws were metric or SAE but a 3mm Allen wrench seemed to do the trick.

Fire extinguisher mount was fastened to the seat brackets with a 3/16 Allen socket.

Using a 7/16” ratchet wrench the fire extinguisher was hastened to the removable section of the quick release mount with a pair of 2.56” - 2.8” (65mm – 73mm) T-Bolt Clamps.

Front seat bolts and rear seat nuts were installed and rear track covers slipped on. Fire extinguisher was fastened to the quick release mount.

Reyes351

Reaction score
Wow. I have no words, your car is gorgeous.
I am wondering, with all the work that you've done, how does the car drive now compared to stock, or in between swapping different parts on.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Great job Scott, I have been thinking, since we both know your never going to use the line lock (come on it's an auto too) I'd be willing to save you the frustration of installing it on your car and let you put it on mine, nice and open with no blower in the way

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow. I have no words, your car is gorgeous.
I am wondering, with all the work that you've done, how does the car drive now compared to stock, or in between swapping different parts on.

Reyes thanks! What can I say it is faster than stock and stops in less distance than stock and I suspect it goes around corners faster than stock.

Great job Scott, I have been thinking, since we both know your never going to use the line lock (come on it's an auto too) I'd be willing to save you the frustration of installing it on your car and let you put it on mine, nice and open with no blower in the way

Well Nick I have no excuses now that I have a power bleeder. I will be able to bleed the brakes on my own.

You should pick up a SLP Line Lock and drop on by the house and we will see if we can get you set up. Please intrerpret this as I will supervise as you do all the work! lol

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Reyes thanks! What can I say it is faster than stock and stops in less distance than stock and I suspect it goes around corners faster than stock.

Well Nick I have no excuses now that I have a power bleeder. I will be able to bleed the brakes on my own

You should pick up a SLP Line Lock and drop on by the house and we will see if we can get you set up. Please intrerpret this as I will supervise as you do all the work! lol

If some sort of instruction is provided I think I'll take you up on it. I've been wanting to learn to bleed brakes.
I didn't order the line lock yet but when I ordered the headers I added a jug of super blue (yellow) fluid to the order as my current fluid is boiled after the track day.

If you put the line lock in you are in essence signing a commitment to bring it out to the track... I'll hold you too it lol

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Took in a car show last Sunday at Fines Ford Lincoln in support of Sick Kids. Won Best Mustang 05 -16.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
Picked up a H3R Performance MaXout dry chemical fire extinguisher model number MAX100C and Scott Drake fire extinguisher mounting brackets. My car has an electric seat on the passenger side so the correct seat bracket was part number 5R3Z-FIREX-ELEC to mate with the quick release mount, part number FIREX-MNT=DAG.

Someone with skinny fingers may be able to install the seat mount without unbolting the seat, but not me. Rear seat bolt floor covers were slid off and the rear nuts removed with a 15mm socket. Seat was slide back and the front bolts removed with a 13mm socket. I used a piece of 4 x 4 to hold the seat up while installing the electric seat mounts. Not sure if the small Allen head cap screws were metric or SAE but a 3mm Allen wrench seemed to do the trick.

Fire extinguisher mount was fastened to the seat brackets with a 3/16 Allen socket.

Using a 7/16” ratchet wrench the fire extinguisher was hastened to the removable section of the quick release mount with a pair of 2.56” - 2.8” (65mm – 73mm) T-Bolt Clamps.

Front seat bolts and rear seat nuts were installed and rear track covers slipped on. Fire extinguisher was fastened to the quick release mount.

How was the mounting hardware. I've read that its not the correct length.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How was the mounting hardware. I've read that its not the correct length.

Scott Drake makes hardware for both power seats and manual seats. I used the power set version and in my opinion the length is perfect.

A friend of mine has the manual seat mount on his Shelby. He had to have the mount holes machined as the holes were too small for the seat bar.

travelers

Reaction score
Scott Drake makes hardware for both power seats and manual seats. I used the power set version and in my opinion the length is perfect.

A friend of mine has the manual seat mount on his Shelby. He had to have the mount holes machined as the holes were too small for the seat bar.

That's what I read. My pass seat is also manual so I'll measure it and have it machined before I even try installing it.

Thanks

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stampede 2016

Seems like I have been spending more time going to car shows than working on my car recently. Clearly good luck is with me as I am 3 for 3. Summer has been extremely hot with very little rain. I did not start cleaning my car until the garage sheltered the sun.

All cleaned up and ready to go.

At the show.

Took home one of two "Magnificently Modified" awards.

When I arrived and dropped the car a few minutes later I could smell grass burning so I raised the car for the exhaust to cool down. This is what I saw when I left. Clear proof that I still have cats on the car!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back