Please help

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
So I finished up putting back together my roush 07 427R and took it to get dyno tuned. On C16 it only made 366RWHP I've spent just about all of my money on this build and I'm highly disappointed I was hoping for at least 440. Please see mod list below and let me know what you think. I was supposed to get an E85 tune but that didn't happen it cost me 914 dollars for the tune. He was using HP tuners because he couldn't unlock my coper head ECM with my SCT x4

-AFCO duel pass heat exchanger
-FRPP hot rod cams
-80 LBS injectors
-400 LPH pump wiring upgraded
-62MM FRPP TB
-steeda CAI
-2.49 pulley
-street fighter coils
-heavy-duty roush tensioner
-Gt500 coolant pump
-1 3/4 full length long tube headers(wrapped)
-off road H-pipe to roush mufflers
-solid motor mounts/ sub frame connectors/front&rear struts
- 4" aluminum drive shaft/ aluminum flywheel
- 4.10 gears
- RAM clutch/ hydraulic TOB
- A/C delete
-305 hoosier A7 slicks all the way around
-full weight reduction(gutted)
-160 thermostat
-I'm probably missing other shit

Last edited:

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Switch that H to an X and you should be good.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I bet with the weight loss and gears it sure feels faster than 366

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Hot Rod cams aren't very good blower cams, better suited for NA. No idea why you would use anything other than stock coils, none of the aftermarket coils are as durable and none of them make any more spark than stock. And the big answer is going to be your tune.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
I know the coils aren't ideal but the OEM ones broke apart the first time I changed the plugs. My VMP 93 tune felt way faster but they won't tune with my 80LBS injectors .... it was at like 18 degrees, 12.7 AFR, little over 6lbs of boost, I told the tunners not to start pulling timing until 140IAT he wanted it at 120. Temps looked good though. Car sounds okay... could it be a mechanical issue?? Can anyone help me with the Tune, I don't have a ton of money left but I'm willing to pay...

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to go run a data log, I'll see if i can post my results

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
Did you do a ecm swap because the 3v have a spanish oak not copperhead....its no big deal to tune the roush cars with sct. it probably wasnt locked if he was able to read it with hpt.... Post a log i would like to look at it if you dont mind.....900 for a dyno tune for that setup, damn, i might need to up my prices....did you get a ngauge or hpt cable with that or at least a kiss?

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
No lol but he did change the plugs I ruined driving my car to their shop, also they had to tune in open loop because I had an 02 sensor issue due to my splices. I'm cleaning the MAF sensor then I'm going to run some logs. I'm also going to take a look at cylinder temp with a thermal imaging camera I'll post pics of that as well

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I know the coils aren't ideal but the OEM ones broke apart the first time I changed the plugs. My VMP 93 tune felt way faster but they won't tune with my 80LBS injectors .... it was at like 18 degrees, 12.7 AFR, little over 6lbs of boost, I told the tunners not to start pulling timing until 140IAT he wanted it at 120. Temps looked good though. Car sounds okay... could it be a mechanical issue?? Can anyone help me with the Tune, I don't have a ton of money left but I'm willing to pay...

Actually Justin will set it to pull timing at 130 or 135. At least that's how he did mine. And if he won't tune it with 80 lb injectors then there's a damn good reason. He's forgotten more about tuning these engines than any of us will ever know. Maybe call him up and ask him for his recommendation on which injectors to use. Then swap them out and let him tune it again.

If you're leaving VMP to go with an unknown tuner, you're moving backwards.

And you can't tune a v8 engine to run in open loop all the time. Some tooners can get away with that on the 4 cyl imports but it won't work on a v8.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

Won't update your existing tune free because you outsourced the purchase of your injectors, and/or chose a brand they know not to be tuner friendly, or they refuse to tune your car even with you throwing money at them to do it?

I deal with these guys all the time. They are great people. They have always honored my revisions when needed as long as I use products they are comfortable with and purchase through them. every tuner that offers free updates if you purchase upgrade parts from them on a custom tune uses the same policy that I am aware of.

I'd really like to know because I will see Alex next weekend. Thanks.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
No I purchased 2 tunes last week expedited. It was like 400 dollars. After 2 days I called them asking when I should be seeing the files. And they told me he wouldn't tune for my injectors or fuel pump due to drivabilty issues and instantly refunded my money. I asked if they could just do their best(no liability)the answer was still no. They do sell both the injectors and pump I bought on their site so I thought I was good. Between me and my brother we've bought thousands of dollars in parts from them with complete satisfaction. But this time I bought the injectors from summit because the parts ship way faster... although the 80 pounds due have large manufacturing variations that lead to no load control issues... it seems as though the mustang gods were unhappy with me.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Drove out to the country and did a few 3rd gear pulls and a few 0-170MPH pulls but now I'm having to put pump gas in the car to get home. I'll post the logs if I make it lol

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Drove out to the country and did a few 3rd gear pulls and a few 0-170MPH pulls but now I'm having to put pump gas in the car to get home. I'll post the logs if I make it lol

What's your compression ratio and boost?

I don't think C16 is a good choice for a street driven car,, it needs to be really hammered on to light it off to get max power out if it ..

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
No I purchased 2 tunes last week expedited. It was like 400 dollars. After 2 days I called them asking when I should be seeing the files. And they told me he wouldn't tune for my injectors or fuel pump due to drivabilty issues and instantly refunded my money. I asked if they could just do their best(no liability)the answer was still no. They do sell both the injectors and pump I bought on their site so I thought I was good. Between me and my brother we've bought thousands of dollars in parts from them with complete satisfaction. But this time I bought the injectors from summit because the parts ship way faster... although the 80 pounds due have large manufacturing variations that lead to no load control issues... it seems as though the mustang gods were unhappy with me.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. After reading Greg Banish's book on Advanced Tuning, I understand why tuners will have their preferred FI's and fuel combinations they prefer and why they will sometimes turn away work rather than attempt it and the outcome be unfavorable. There is a whole lot more going on with an FI than simply commanded it on and off. WOW!

They've gotten a lot of my cabbage in the past 3-4 years as well.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
here are the logs I had to put it in a zip folder due to the file type.

Attachments

• New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
    111.5 KB · Views: 14

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I got 435rwhp out of my M90 with stock injectors. Upgraded to 48lb (GT500) injectors when I upgraded to the TVS1900 and eventually ended up with 643rwhp. Why on earth would you want 80 lb injectors? Like trying to fill a shot glass pouring out of a 5 gallon bucket. Sounds like the guys at VMP are right, your choices are unworkable.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
went with the 80's because im primarily going to be running E-85 and possibly straight meth. I was supposed to get an E85 tune but the tuner said he didn't have time unfortunately. E85 requires aprox 30% more fuel and meth requires even more. the FRPP SD 80's were 400 bucks while the ID1000's were over a grand.......

Back