Poly bushing grease question?

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had my oil changed the other day (yeah I'm old and didn't feel like doing it myself) and the guy greased my poly bushings on my panhard bar and LCA's. Should I worry or should I just ignore it until I change the oil and again and use the correct grease?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rich,

I can't get that grease in Germany and have been using Slick 50 for two years with zero problems.

J

Johnmichael

I wouldn't think one application will harm them. BMR recommends using Synthetic grease such as Mobil 1 for use with their bushings.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Might make some noise after a while, but just redo it with synth grease later.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Steve...that's the only thing I've noticed, when really wet, the regular grease does not last as long and I need to lubricate the bushings, easy to do. But I've haven't found anywhere that shows any studies where petroleum based grease deteriorates poly bushings. Do you have any insight on that?

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Steve...that's the only thing I've noticed, when really wet, the regular grease does not last as long and I need to lubricate the bushings, easy to do. But I've haven't found anywhere that shows any studies where petroleum based grease deteriorates poly bushings. Do you have any insight on that?

Well poly bushings are in themselves petroleum products, so I don't how using a petroleum grease would harm them. We usually recommend a water-proof axle-type grease to be used with our bushings. The main key is for it to be waterproof. Other than that,you're good.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back