Ported Blower for DOB kit!

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I am selling my ported GT500 supercharger off my 4.6 3v Department of Boost setup. I am upgrading to a TVS and eventually a BIG Whipple! This is for sale CHEAP for a quick sale. I hate dealing with selling stuff and keeping up with the sales ad. This is a GREAT blower and opportunity to save $$ I have great feedback on here and other forums and this is as described or better!

This blower is capable of 600 rwhp with supporting mods. It is already modified to work on the DOB manifold all you have to do is bolt it on! This will make a seriously COOL 450 rwhp on a stock internal motor with the DOB kit while affording you super low IAT's!! The horsepower output is as simple as changing pulley sizes! I have atleast 1 pulley setup for the "standard" 6 rib kit to make 450 rwhp. The pic of the snout actually has my 8 rib small pulley on it. Combined with my OD crank pulley I made over 600 rwhp. This blower will atleast come with the 450rwhp snout pulley if used with your standard OEM crank pulley and no other mods (like cams, headers etc..).

I do NOT have the Department of Boost manifold for sale... ever lol!

The blower itself has about 5k miles. I purchased a L&M "super high flow" ported elbow and the supercharger inlet has been ported to match. There is a pretty big difference with the porting and a full write-up will be done this week on said blower. It is being done by a friend that does lots of portwork at his machine shop. He has also consulted with a local that had quite a bit to do with developing the new CobraJet (and still holds 2 NHRA records with serial #1)

This blower has already been modified by Department of Boost to work on the 3v. When doing this installation on the 3v, you NORMALLY need to send the snout off to Department of Boost for the pulley hub swap. This one has been done. I already have the EGR blocked off so one less thing.. Also (no big deal) but the bottom of the snout has a lip that has to be filed off to fit to the manifold. The one I am selling will save you the shipping, dealing with the sealant when re-installing the snout and no messing with the supercharger oil.. Posi used to do porting on these for $500 not to mention $100 in shipping to/from.

Basically this is what you can expect to pay for what I am offering:

Blower $400 shipped (I paid $500 but it had Zero miles)
Port work $400+ (I would not do one of these again for that price and this is major discounted price I am paying my bro's shop .. super cheap for the time they put into it).
Ported elbow $200-$250 plus shipping and tax
EGR blockoff plate $20 plus shipping and tax
Supercharger oil $18 plus shipping and tax
Sealant $5
Shipping snout to DOB $15+
Extra stock elbow $25-50 plus shipping
IAT sensor and pigtail $50
Belt $40 + shipping ($78 local parts store) this does have less than 100 miles
GT500 air box and filter $75 + shipping
76mm smooth idler $12
(7) 1 step colder plugs $20-50 used. Mine have less than 2k miles

A PLUS... when you buy a DOB manifold the pulley comes with the intake. You could maybe ask them to give you a different size pulley which will give you TWO!
***If the TVS pulley is different then you will also get the 2.64" 8-rib DOB pulley with it. I got a good deal on this from Jason for R&D but think I paid $75 for it shipped
Total package deal for THIS setup ready to bolt on the DOB manifold would normally run you well over $1200 if you pieced it together and paid for porting. Even if you found a smokin deal on a blower then this is still well over $1000 setup.
Save yourself some money, work and time with this setup!
[email protected]

More info on the Department of Boost manifold can be found here. http://www.departmentofboost.com/vbull/forum.php
The average price of a setup is roughly $3500. This setup will bring you close to that mark maybe less PLUS you will have a superior blower to boot! . Located in Wichita KS.

Y'all missed it, going to hang on to it now!

-Ported elbow (ported to match this blower but I will keep the L&M)
-Stock GT500 air box and filter
-(7) FRPP 1 step colder plugs (2k miles) gapped .30
-Belt for DOB setup less than 100 miles
-76mm smooth idler
-NIB IAT sensor and pigtail

-Department of Boost intake manifold (comes with all brackets and bolts). $1995 last time I checked but call them first!
-Extra stock tensioner for the "frankentensioner mod" the rest of the mod parts included in the intake manifold from DOB $35
-Fuel injectors (39-52 lb) $130-$150
-Fuel pump upgrade... call Jeremy@S&Hperformance here on the forum! A BAP will suffice. $100-$350
-Misc hoses and fittings etc.. $50-$100
-Heat Exchanger & pump $150
-Coolant tank $35
-gt500 tb housing (these are cheap as you swap your electronics) $30
-1.5' of 2 ga wire for alternator extension $20
-1 FRPP colder spark plug $12
-Blower to manifold gasket (stock GT500 part) $40

** And of course you will need a tune. I HIGHLY recommend Lito on this forum!! Feel free to ask about that!

This could EASILY put you UNDER the $3500 mark WITH TUNE AND A PORTED BLOWER!!!

2012-11-19202305.jpg

2012-10-17190512.jpg

2012-10-17011045.jpg

2012-10-17182317.jpg

Older pic but gives you an idea of the Department of Boost setup.

2012-08-19175052.jpg

Last edited:

crownaviation

Reaction score
$600 shipped on the blower and parts today only! In order of pm's.. on the road so in and out but will check throughout the day

Last edited:

crownaviation

Reaction score
Forgot pic with username... Also updated a few options! With the included parts this will be cheaper than buying a stock blower!!!

2012-11-25195700.jpg

Last edited:

crownaviation

Reaction score
This may be going on my Dodge Ram VERY soon if no takers :crazy:... For as little as I am asking really not worth selling!

crownaviation

Reaction score
I tried guys! I am going to keep the blower for now. I will just use it for testing purposes....

Thanks Mods,, you can lock it up

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back