!! Post your *BLACK* S197 !!

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately yes, I know that it isn't the best thing to do but sometimes you do what you have to.

Wow, brave man. An old set I had on the stang were literally like driving on ice if temp was below 30 even if roads were clear/dry. My daily subaru werent that bad in dry cold weather, but in snow the car slid out the driveway by itself while in park.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
What are these winter tires you speak of?

Texas FTW!

Ha that is a part of why what we find hilarious up north is major issue down south, driver lack of experience, no snow plows, and much higher percentage of ppl run high performance "summer" tires.

Not saying you need true snows (which are the best) but an all-season as its name suggests is a better compromise.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, brave man. An old set I had on the stang were literally like driving on ice if temp was below 30 even if roads were clear/dry. My daily subaru werent that bad in dry cold weather, but in snow the car slid out the driveway by itself while in park.
Honestly for R compound tires they aren't that bad but there really isn't any traction at anything below 30. The only time it really bothered me though was when it was down to single digits it wouldn't get any traction what so ever until about 3rd gear.
Ha that is a part of why what we find hilarious up north is major issue down south, driver lack of experience, no snow plows, and much higher percentage of ppl run high performance "summer" tires.

Not saying you need true snows (which are the best) but an all-season as its name suggests is a better compromise.

I have All-Season tires on my V6 and I tend to drive around guys in their 4x4 in the snow. For whatever reason it just gets some great traction and very little sliding unless I hit a patch of slush then it just spins.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I have All-Season tires on my V6 and I tend to drive around guys in their 4x4 in the snow. For whatever reason it just gets some great traction and very little sliding unless I hit a patch of slush then it just spins.

Yep, I have friend in Minnesota drives his 6'er on all seasons no problem.

I cheat though, daily/snowmobile is awd with snowtires :tank:

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score

Drag radials on mine year round. If it's too bad to drive, I pull out the F250.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of mine. First wash after the full detail I did last weekend. Seemed a lot easier to wash for some reason. Wash mitt felt like it was sliding on glass. Glad I affluent the time fixing the paint.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of mine. First wash after the full detail I did last weekend. Seemed a lot easier to wash for some reason. Wash mitt felt like it was sliding on glass. Glad I affluent the time fixing the paint.

Still think you need to ditch those orange corners, but man does that look mean! :thumb2:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
That looks fantastic.

Thanks Cam. Wish I could stop myself from wanting a 14 or 15 mustang and throw a 5.4 in this one and make it feel like a brand new car.

Still think you need to ditch those orange corners, but man does that look mean! :thumb2:

Yes sir ... ditch those things :)

Ive never liked the look of clear corners on the car. They look cheap IMO. I had them before the gt500 conversion and didnt like them. I have thought about smoking these though to minimize the orange.

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
X4 on loosing the orange markers, no one said clear. Go black... you never go back

etu6y2yq.jpg

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
^lol +1!

Get a $9 roll of tint from walmart and tint those bitches.

I had 20% on mine, gave it a nice smoked appearance but still let most of the blinker light through. Recently replaced with 5% and it cut down on the light output... but I mean the blinkers are still noticeable for other cars AND they are 100% black when the lights are off.

Just make sure to get the basic tint and not the premium with metallic stuff in it.

DAD_23

forum member
Reaction score
Any other suggestion on smoked/tinted turns?
I too have a black and really need to get this done. I am currently looking at these options:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked-turn-signal-05.html
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SDT-13200A/2005-09-Mustang-Smoked-Bumper-Park-Light-Pair
http://www.stangmods.com/Smoked-Lenses-Chrome-Amber-Bulbs-Mustang-p/2914.htm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-09-Ford-...its=Model:Mustang&vxp=mtr&hash=item35ccaf936c
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-09-Ford-...its=Model:Mustang&vxp=mtr&hash=item35c7847374
Those Ebay(ipex) are the darkest but not sure on the quality or the fact they are not DOT leagal as they have no reflector.

Black_MagicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of mine at sonic one night, and then the other 2 are after a nice waxin!

Attachments

• IMG_20130927_220726_515.jpg
    IMG_20130927_220726_515.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20130927_220839_248.jpg
    IMG_20130927_220839_248.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20140112_204859_005.jpg
    IMG_20140112_204859_005.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20140112_204920_087.jpg
    IMG_20140112_204920_087.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 20

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
Well ok, I guess since were all posting photos of our cars detailed.... This was in September... Have about 20 hours into the detailing before a car show end of sept and before I parked it for winter

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back