!! Post your *BLACK* S197 !!

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Erat wher did you get your radiator cover at? I love it

It's what is left of this one: http://www.bangastang.com/mustang-radiator-cover-0509.htm

It had to be gutted. Notice it now covers the mounting points of the overflow tank, the overflow hose runs thru it, square at the square power steering pump, no logos. Had black billet mounting screws made for it.

Had to trim the nose so it wouldn't rub, and it's about to get trimmed, and repainted again for the same reason. Turning out to be a bitch, but it does look good.

Last edited:

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
It's what us left of this one: http://www.bangastang.com/mustang-radiator-cover-0509.htm

It had to be gutted. Notice it now covers the mounting points of the overflow tank, the overflow hose runs thru it, square at the square power steering pump, no logos. Had black billet mounting screws made for it.

Had to trim the nose so it wouldn't rub, and it's about to get trimmed, and repainted again for the same reason. Turning out to be a bitch, but it does look good.

The car looks excellent need more pictures.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
It's what us left of this one: http://www.bangastang.com/mustang-radiator-cover-0509.htm

Awesome thanks.

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics that I don't think I've posted yet...

IMG_1219_zpsf80802f3.jpg

IMG_1216_zps78892712.jpg

IMG_1211_zpsecec3ce4.jpg

photo_zps230037d2.jpg

erat

forum member
Reaction score
The car looks excellent need more pictures.

I really haven't taken time to take many usable pictures, but some of theses show some of the detail that went into it.

This is the exhaust note at idle, Dyno tuned by JDM, Hot Rod Cams, Mac O/R long tubes, Kooks H, Magnaflow resonators, Corsa Extremes (loud as my fuk), rite at 506 rwhp:

I did a full LED conversion on the car, including these yellow hidden fogs. The grill is coming off soon to get powder coated and the hood is getting restriped underneath:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g381/kevlabauve/IMG_3592_zpsaba8aca0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Under the hood is very limited chrome, so I powder coated everything from the alternator, valve covers, tanks. Had custom covers made, some stock covers, etc, new black fuel lines.

Didn't like this window, so I painted it.

This is what happens when you car wont take gas after sitting for 2 1/2 years, you take it home for the first time and your instrument cluster is jacked:

Last edited:

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
I really haven't taken time to take many usable pictures because they really don't do it justice, but some of theses show some of the detail that went into it.

This is the exhaust note at idle, Dyno tuned by JDM, Hot Rod Cams, Mac O/R long tubes, Kooks H, Magnaflow resonators, Corsa Extremes (loud as my fuk), rite at 506 rwhp:

I did a full LED conversion on the car, including these yellow hidden fogs. The grill is coming off soon to get powder coated and the hood is getting restriped underneath:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g381/kevlabauve/IMG_3592_zpsaba8aca0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Under the hood is very limited chrome, so I powder coated everything from the alternator, valve covers, tanks. Had custom covers made, some stock covers, etc, new black fuel lines.

Didn't like this window, so I painted it.

This is what happens when you car wont take gas after sitting for 2 1/2 years, you take it home for the first time and your instrument cluster is jacked:

Thanks to the internet one can feast their eyes on amazing cars that one might of thought never existed.

:thumb:

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Ooops! You are right...any whoo...size of stripes, spacing and size of pinstripe please...

Complicated. It's mostly illusional to make it look straight on an angled hood.
I also didn't want it too thin in the front and I didn't want it falling over the body line of the cowl.

The gap between the large stripes on the hood is 7/8" all the way through, 11/16" in the rear.

Large stripes taper from nose to back of hood being 7-13/16" front to 9" in back. On rear of car it's 9-5/16". This was to get the striping around the license plate opening. Little stripes are all 1/4" spaced and 1/4" wide width of the marking tape.

Color is House of Colors Midnight Black thinned and dusted on to make them flop. I tried keeping it a Ford color but it just wasn't working. I'm trying to keep the car as Ford or Ford sanctioned as possible. The black is just the blackest black PPG made. The clear is a PPG self healing clear. It's all feathered in so you can't see or feel their edges.

Last edited:

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks to the internet one can feast their eyes on amazing cars that one might of thought never existed.

:thumb:

Thanks bro. Tell my wife, she HATES it.....which is why I keep it. :)

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Complicated. It's mostly illusional to make it look straight on an angled hood.
I also didn't want it too thin in the front and I didn't want it falling over the body line of the cowl.

The gap between the large stripes on the hood is 7/8" all the way through, 11/16" in the rear.

Large stripes taper from nose to back of hood being 7-13/16" front to 9" in back. On rear of car it's 9-5/16". This was to get the. Around the license plate opening. Little stripes are all 1/4" spaced and 1/4" wide width of the marking tape.

Color is House of Colors Midnight Black thinned and dusted on to make them flop. I tried keeping it a Ford color but it just wasn't working. I'm trying to keep the car as Ford or Ford sanctioned as possible. The black is just the blackest black PPG made. The clear is a PPG self healing clear. It's all feathered in so you can't see or feel their edges.

A work of art! Thanks:clap:

GoTime

BooWho?
Reaction score

Wow. Outstanding car. Luv the stripe color.:beerchug2:

SKEDDIE

Tryin to pay the rent!
Reaction score
Here is some pictures I took on a beautiful December day at sunset
This first shot is or you Taxman I copied your shot

This is my favorite shot, all pictures were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S3 camera on HDR setting.

Beautiful!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back