Power adders, wives and GT500s

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
On the two centri systems I've installed I've had pulley / belt issues arise from the drive systems, but I've sorted them out. One was a procharger, and my current Paxton. I've installed 1 PD twin screw blower, and have owned 2 other roots blower cars that have all ran well, were packaged nicely onto the cars, but seem to make alot of IAT heat and probably a little less power per # of boost compared to a centri.

So for all out max power for drag racing, I'd lean towards a centri, but be prepared for gearing changes and fiddling to figure out the correct stall converter. For a very solid running car that sees alot of street miles, and killer throttle response, I'd lean towards a tvs roots, or twin screw and although correct gears and stall speed will still matter it will be far less sensitive in those areas compared to a centri. And quite honestly, if there's going to be a next time, I'll fight my way through installing and sorting out a turbo system simply because of the power they're capable of with no "drive" system to even think about, but then I'm sure you'll hear me whining about under-hood heat, and fried wiring, and or hoses because of it lol! I have a friend that has had 3 different converters in his turbo LS C10 truck, and until he got it right, the truck did not run a good number especially for the power level he was at, and that is one reason I've stayed away from turbos thus far, but now that it is all sorted the truck is simply brutally quick.

Thats kinda how I am, just not willing to step up to that big ass turbo yet. I think my new BB stroker will get me where I want to go with my heads and 24psi. I will just spin to 6200 rpms to keep the BB block alive and the Procharger under 74000 rpms. The 3.4 pulley on the F1a and a 302 stroker made a boost curve like a twin screw.

Any Centri can be setup to make power where ever you want. It's all about gears, tires, stall, and cams.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Thats kinda how I am, just not willing to step up to that big ass turbo yet. I think my new BB stroker will get me where I want to go with my heads and 24psi. I will just spin to 6200 rpms to keep the BB block alive and the Procharger under 74000 rpms. The 3.4 pulley on the F1a and a 302 stroker made a boost curve like a twin screw.

Any Centri can be setup to make power where ever you want. It's all about gears, tires, stall, and cams.

Your car is nothing less than the stuff of dreams to me, lol. Definitely plays a part in my idea of what a 3v can do.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back