Power Steering Pump

krang00

forum member
Reaction score
With all the modifications we've done to our spindles for increased angle and the fact that drifting isn't really that easy on the steering, I think my power steering pump has taken a dump.

Anyone know if there's a heavy duty replacement option or something that's a little more robust? Also running a custom 3/4 inch circle track shaft and smaller steering wheel so that's probably not helping either.

krang00

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ... Bueller :)

Anyone have experience with the reman's from Autozone or Advance Auto Parts? Or should I stick with Ford OEM?

knownukes

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ... Bueller :)

Anyone have experience with the reman's from Autozone or Advance Auto Parts? Or should I stick with Ford OEM?

Stick with ford OEM. I cooked one, then put in a power steering cooler and have not had any further problems, The cooler I put in was made bu GRIGGS.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
The FR500S/C had a power steering cooler that sat behind the grill and worked pretty good. You can get in touch with Regan Racing or hop on EBay. I picked mine up for about 150

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
I picked up a "universal" Mishimoto cooler for mine. I think it was originally marketed for transmissions. Same basic thing as the FR500S/C unit only the tubes were wound in three rows rather than a single loop like the Ford unit. I also mounted it in front of the radiator after putting a screen on it. Cost: $60

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back