Powerhouse turbo car issues....help needed

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks, hope you find the problem, TSS is right around the corner from me. Let us know what the fix was.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
I know on my PH turbo kit, i had a tial wastegate and BOV. Per tials instructions i didnt run a vacuum line to it. It relied solely on the spring. Just a thought.

I was also thinking a vacuum leak in the vacuum lines. Possibly could the fuel pressure sensor have a crack in it causing it to loose some pressure.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
you need that vaccume line on it because it will push open on boost and have one big vaccume leak. the pressure from the vaccume line holds it closed till it goes into vaccume again then opens from pressure to blow off the pressure left.

LuckyFlyingROUSH

forum member
Reaction score
You have the vac hoses setup as they said right?

Also...did you pinch your wastegate diaphram/seal when you put the new springs in it? Worth a shot.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 28

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have the vac hoses setup as they said right?

Also...did you pinch your wastegate diaphram/seal when you put the new springs in it? Worth a shot.

I didn't change springs. I just took the wastegate and bov apart and inspected them. Ran the same before and after.

Car is headed to TSS a week from Saturday, when I get back in country.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't change springs. I just took the wastegate and bov apart and inspected them. Ran the same before and after.

Car is headed to TSS a week from Saturday, when I get back in country.
I'll be looking for it when I drive by, good luck!:thumb2:

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
If you suspect it's the Turbo, I have a Turbonetics 76mm sitting in my garage collecting dust. You pay shipping both ways and its yours to diagnose with.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you suspect it's the Turbo, I have a Turbonetics 76mm sitting in my garage collecting dust. You pay shipping both ways and its yours to diagnose with.

Thanks for the offer. If this were six months ago, I probably would have taken you up on this. I am tired of fooling with it at this point. With the way my work and home schedule has been for the last year, I only have limited times I've been able to work on it. When I do have time, it's always lower on the priority list than other things. I either want to be able to drive it, or I am going to sell it. That's why it's going to TSS.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any updates?

No, unfortunately. The one day I could have taken and driven it to TSS, I ended up having to help my Neice out so I couldn't make the trip.

I am going to try again when I get back in country in March. Probably just going to drive it down to TSS and do a one way car rental to get home in.

The more I learn about turbo systems, the more I think I have done all there is to do on the air side of things. I am beginning to lean toward a fuel pressure regulator issue, or some other fuel related problem.

I know it seems crazy that I haven't been able to get the car to TSS when they are only a few hours away. There is no day during the week that I can usually do it, and they aren't open on the weekends. (which I didnt know last month) Going during the week means relying on my Ex-wife to pick my son up from school, and that is something I loathe doing. Asking her for anything, especially when it means I can't do something for my son, is always a lose-lose situation.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks man. I'm literally 10 minutes away from them. If you need a rife to the rental car place or something let me know.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks man. I'm literally 10 minutes away from them. If you need a rife to the rental car place or something let me know.

Thanks and that's damn nice of you to offer. I might take you up on that.

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
Man Im pretty sure Daniel or Craig would meet you at the shop on the weekend. As long as they arent off racing. They will get it fixed and you can enjoy the car again.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back