Prelude to my radical twin turbo build (pic heavy)

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's his car we could say the same for alot of GT's that have been through 2-3 differn't motor combo's and some guys switch blowers 2 times even or go turbo, transmissions etc etc . "why not buy a shelby" would be the term thrown our way.... ither way it's a bad ass project and mad props.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
It's his car we could say the same for alot of GT's that have been through 2-3 differn't motor combo's and some guys switch blowers 2 times even or go turbo, transmissions etc etc . "why not buy a shelby" would be the term thrown our way.... ither way it's a bad ass project and mad props.

IMO changing parts is hardly the same as permanently modifying the body of the car. Your example can still be put back to stock. The point the other guy was making is that it probably could have been done a lot cheaper that's all. No point in cutting up the Gt500 where there are plenty salvage cars and or parts for sale. As the OP stated it wasn't his original intention but "dems the ropes" sometimes.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO changing parts is hardly the same as permanently modifying the body of the car. Your example can still be put back to stock. The point the other guy was making is that it probably could have been done a lot cheaper that's all. No point in cutting up the Gt500 where there are plenty salvage cars and or parts for sale. As the OP stated it wasn't his original intention but "dems the ropes" sometimes.

Meh so what. He is making other shelby owners happier then if he cut's his up. But he's making him self happier then all of us when he is at parachute speed :naughty1:

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
In retrospect, it probably wasn't the best choice of cars for such a project. I do know that I'm having a lot of fun with the project, and that there is no turning back now. Thanks for all the comments. I should have some more pics in a day or two.

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a pic, although not the best, of my new custom center gauge pod

100_1650.jpg

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
It looks like you're doing a very nice job.

Projects just seem to take on a life of their own. There is no doubt that in hind sight we could always have done things better and cheaper but that is how we gain the knowledge to know that. A word from the wise for those contemplateing a simular project but haven't started buy someone else's project. That way you really save money. There is no resale value in these projects and it not uncommon to pay a quarter of what it would take to build. Me I just keep making the same mistakes again and again.

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Factory weight of these cars is around 3920. I weighed my car in December before putting the cage in and after I had already done all the usual weight reduction mods (tubular k-member, front swaybar delete, 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, 2-piece lightweight full size brake rotors, rear seat delete, bogarts, etc.) and it weighed 3676.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Factory weight of these cars is around 3920. I weighed my car in December before putting the cage in and after I had already done all the usual weight reduction mods (tubular k-member, front swaybar delete, 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, 2-piece lightweight full size brake rotors, rear seat delete, bogarts, etc.) and it weighed 3676.

Congrats man, that's some serious weight removal!

Reaction score
You should change your sig to "2010 GT500 with a 2.9 whipple and much more but much less"...

Boozshey

Reaction score
So what are you doing with the Whipple? Selling it or using it with the Twins?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic, although not the best, of my new custom center gauge pod

100_1650.jpg

Oh, that's hot. You gave me an idea for my street car. I could make a similar panel, but make the two gauges on the sides vents (so I could still use HVAC) and keep the two gauges in the center. Or put three gauges in the center with smaller vents... :naughty1:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back