Preparation for this thursday...

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
in preparation to get the most out of the car this thursday night, i'll be running with about 30-40 miles to E, passenger and rear seats out, spare out, pretty much nothing in the car except tire gauge, tuner and helmet.

I'm probably going to pick up a new air filter from autozone, since mine is a completely different color that what it was new. I don't know if this is good or bad, but I cleaned it last week. also, the oil was changed to mobil1 today.

Is there anything else I can do or somewhat easily take out (taken out with the car just sitting there... maybe use a jack)? I want to get the best possible time thursday. I'll be icing the intake manifold for the first time, probably with 2 bags of ice. I would REALLY like to touch some 12.4's!!!!

Any ideas are welcome!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You should have at least 1/8 tank when you run. These cars don't like getting close to empty with full power.

Earl

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You should have at least 1/8 tank when you run. These cars don't like getting close to empty with full power.

Earl

nah.. I have alway run with like 1/32 or 1/24ish of a tank, the only problem i ever had was when I knew I was way too low on gas and ran anyways.. ended up sputtering just after the 1000' mark, and then had a hard time starting. I borrowed some 110 octane e85 fuel from Roush Racing and made it to the hess station. what a nerveracking trip that was...

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Andyman, Good luck on Thursday. With the new MHs you should hook pretty good. Let us know the results.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thursday at the track

Get a Colonic & fast for 24 hours,or just go to Taco Bell your choice.Personally i would go for the Colonic,the administrator of it maybe cute.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get a Colonic & fast for 24 hours,or just go to Taco Bell your choice.Personally i would go for the Colonic,the administrator of it maybe cute.
Not having tried it, I am having to use my imagination, but I have a sinking feeling that's not the best way to pick up chicks... :wtf:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Or maybe a predator handheld that you can datalog fuel pressure during your run? I have always put in 5 gallons at the track--which is only 35lbs basically right in front of the rear tires.

Anyway, you will be able to use that converter now with the m&h's for sure.

Hey, if you really fanactical, you can drain all the windsheild washer fluid....that a few pounds off of the front end. Also air up your front tires to the maximum rating to reduce rolling resistance. Take off your front sway bar to (if you haven't already).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back