Problems when shifting fast @ redline @ WOT

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, typically when hammering it and upshifting either from 1st to 2nd or even 2nd to 3rd, as I try to engage the higher gear it "grinds", and its not a metter of not having the clutch fully depressed or putting the shifter in the right place, but it seems like th torque of the motor is moving the motor in relation to the tranny and prevents the shift from happening.

Any ideas on how I can solve this? Anyone had similar experiences? It doesn't do it at partial throttle or at WOT but lower in the rev band.

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Sometimes, typically when hammering it and upshifting either from 1st to 2nd or even 2nd to 3rd, as I try to engage the higher gear it "grinds", and its not a metter of not having the clutch fully depressed or putting the shifter in the right place, but it seems like th torque of the motor is moving the motor in relation to the tranny and prevents the shift from happening.

Any ideas on how I can solve this? Anyone had similar experiences? It doesn't do it at partial throttle or at WOT but lower in the rev band.
carriage and horse engineering make a specific k member/torque arm to keep the tranny in place

http://www.cheperformance.com/CartGenie/prod-208.htm

this will do what you need, i can promise you that, matter of fact the guy that builds this car was so impressed with it they put it on a professional drift car aka tony B.

tony-brakohiapa-drifting-a-ford-mustang---from-interview-by-rpm_100327755_s.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back