Procharger help.

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got my tune today.

Car wont idle. It feels like it miss fires and idles rough, then stalls out. My wideband is pegged at 22.5 and when you just tap the gass the rpm's shoot up to 3,000 and hang there for a little while. then it comes down slow and idles rough and stalls.

I checked all my vacuum lines and went over all my injecotrs and coil packs are all plugged in. Spark plugs are one step colder and gapped to .032.

Ugh this is really frustrating.

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
Alright well I threw the stock tune (from Ford) and the stock spark plugs back on just incase I foul them out. The car started right up and idled smooth. A/F was 14.8 and everything was perfect. Sooooo I guess shitty tune.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Datalog your long and short term fuel trims. If you add them together for their respective banks you will know how much the tune is out of whack at idle. That would be valuable information for your tuner.

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
I cant datalog because I dont have a PC laptop. Only a Mac and I have a PC desktop.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I cant datalog because I dont have a PC laptop. Only a Mac and I have a PC desktop.

You can still datalog some parameters without a laptop. The tuner will store the info until you download it to your computer for viewing later. you can also look at the data in real time on the sct screen.

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
HELP!!!!

Alright got the second tune in and it idles fine but my A/F is reading at 17.5 at idle. That too me is way too lean. I need to drive this thing from Miami to Boynton Beach.
Thoughts??? Ideas?? IDK what to do and I'm scared of driving it up there like that.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
HELP!!!!

Alright got the second tune in and it idles fine but my A/F is reading at 17.5 at idle. That too me is way too lean. I need to drive this thing from Miami to Boynton Beach.
Thoughts??? Ideas?? IDK what to do and I'm scared of driving it up there like that.

I'm going to guess they forced open loop because you would be getting trouble codes otherwise.

Didn't they at least ask you to observe fuel trims and airflow with the sct so they could get the maf curve ballparked a little better? If the maf curve is close enough the o2 sensors will trim the fuel to the correct a/f while in closed loop.

How long did you idle it for? The motor will stay in open loop at startup.

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to guess they forced open loop because you would be getting trouble codes otherwise.

Didn't they at least ask you to observe fuel trims and airflow with the sct so they could get the maf curve ballparked a little better? If the maf curve is close enough the o2 sensors will trim the fuel to the correct a/f while in closed loop.

How long did you idle it for? The motor will stay in open loop at startup.

They didnt ask anything. That had me unplug the MAF and start it with the first tune they sent me and it still ran like crap. Then he said alright and mailed me this tune im on now. Idle is at 950 A/F is at 17.5 to 18 and when you rev it A/F goes lean to 19 and 22

Paps

forum member
Reaction score
Did you mess with 02 sensors plugs?
Your 02 sensors harness could be reversed. Happened to me when i re installed engine, i swapped harness from each side and got 17-18 AFR

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back