Procharger Tune issue....

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
I just got the Gt500 pumps installed and wanted to load the Procharger tune to start it up and check everything.
But I didn't see a tune for the Procharger on there.
It just listed Modified Stock...which states it is not a Supercharger tune and it list Original Backup.

I'm use to SCT's and the instructions on the Diablo is lacking.

Last tune written it says Original Backup.

Do I even have a Procharger Tune on the Diablo Predator2?

Thanks

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where did the hand held come from?

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Where did the hand held come from?

Sorry, I was typing that in a hurry and left out some info....

It came from Procharger with the kit.
I only need the Predator tuner to start up and check for issues and get too the dyno. Will be getting a dyno tune right away.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
if it came with the procharger assuming you bought it new id say your fine. but if the handheld is saying backup stock tune it sounds like the tunes already been loaded.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
if it came with the procharger assuming you bought it new id say your fine. but if the handheld is saying backup stock tune it sounds like the tunes already been loaded.

I'm not assuming anything here! It is new and just because it came from then doesn't mean is it good, which is why I'm asking this question.

I have no tune to load as far as I can see. The only options as stated are listed under Performance tune as:
Modified Stock
Original Backup

From my understanding last tune loaded should be the Procharger tune.
Original Backup will not let me load anything and seems to want to wipe the programmer. Modified Stock states it is NOT for a Supercharger.

Hope that clears it up.

I'll be calling Procharger in the morning, hopefully they are open.

Nasty GT

Using stuff to do things
Reaction score
I have a Predator for the Procharger and it lists 2 Procharger tunes in Performance. I think the options are Custom Tune and Procharger Tunes. Then in Procharger Tunes it offers a H.O. and a Stage 2 Tune.

If it says last tune loaded is Original Backup then that is exactly what it is...the original stock tune.

What part# is your Predator?

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Predator for the Procharger and it lists 2 Procharger tunes in Performance. I think the options are Custom Tune and Procharger Tunes. Then in Procharger Tunes it offers a H.O. and a Stage 2 Tune.

If it says last tune loaded is Original Backup then that is exactly what it is...the original stock tune.

What part# is your Predator?

I pretty sure the Predator didn't download my tune, unless it does it alot quicker then the SCT.

When I plugged it in it ask if my car was auto or manual and that was it.
It did flash a big Procharger banner on the screen when starting up.

It list #PC7140 on the box and Predator. Also has the #336057

I'm wondering if I have a 05-09 Tuner....
I originally had ordered a Procharger Stage 2 Kit for the 2010. Got the kit and found out they dont make a Stage 2 kit for the 2010. Had everything sent back to Procharger for this HO kit. This box this tuner can in does look like the same one I had as it had distintive markings.

The Predator does read my vin when plugged in.

Nasty GT

Using stuff to do things
Reaction score
I would have to guess that you somehow just got a tuner with no tunes installed. Even if it is somehow the wrong tuner, I would think it would atleast show the tunes if it is powering up in the car.

Just for reference the Predator that I have for my 07 GT is also a PC7140. I switched to a Trinity and a custom tune for my Procharger because the Procharger tunes are very "general" and obviously do not account for your other mods. Maybe good enough to get the car to the dyno but that's about it.

This link shows it works on 05-06s but I know it covers more than that. Maybe you can update it using the links on this page. http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=46&print=1

Good luck.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
I would have to guess that you somehow just got a tuner with no tunes installed. Even if it is somehow the wrong tuner, I would think it would atleast show the tunes if it is powering up in the car.

Just for reference the Predator that I have for my 07 GT is also a PC7140. I switched to a Trinity and a custom tune for my Procharger because the Procharger tunes are very "general" and obviously do not account for your other mods. Maybe good enough to get the car to the dyno but that's about it.

This link shows it works on 05-06s but I know it covers more than that. Maybe you can update it using the links on this page. http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=46&print=1

Good luck.

Yeah there are no tunes that I have seen. I watched a bunch of youtube vids of tunes being uploaded and didnt look like anything I had.

Does the Predator read and store the factory file very fast? I didn't see this happen and know for sure I didn't see it say it was doing this or a status bar with %.

The Procharger tune is just to see if everything is buttoned up and ok till I get on the dyno...which will be right away. I have a SCT that it will get tuned with.

Looks like Procharger and Diablo is closed during the weekend so I'm out of luck. I might call my tuner to see if he can give me a tune to get there.

Nasty GT

Using stuff to do things
Reaction score
When you plug it in, it will not make a back up of your original backup until you select a custom or Procharger to tune to install. Then it is a min. or two and shows a status bar.

If you select performance from the menu and there are no Procharger tunes....you got hosed.

Did you have a custom SCT tune loaded when you plugged the Predator in or had you returned it to stock?

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
When you plug it in, it will not make a back up of your original backup until you select a custom or Procharger to tune to install. Then it is a min. or two and shows a status bar.

If you select performance from the menu and there are no Procharger tunes....you got hosed.

Did you have a custom SCT tune loaded when you plugged the Predator in or had you returned it to stock?

I returned it to stock with the SCT before I plugged the Predator in.
Yeah I think I did get hosed.....again by Procharger.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents

Get ur tuner where u r taking it for the dyno to send u a start up file for the SCT ans ditch the Diablo

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
My 2 cents

Get ur tuner where u r taking it for the dyno to send u a start up file for the SCT ans ditch the Diablo

Yeah.....but I want what I paid for. Being this might be the second time Procharger dropped the ball I want to make sure I'm doing things right.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
I loaded the modified stock to see if the tuner was locked and it worked just fine. I was able to start the car and baby it around the block.

I'll call Procharger on Monday to see whats up with the tune.

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
My 2 cents

/\ this;

since i had an SCT, I bought the tuner kit, knew i would get on the dyno. All my tuner needed to know was injector size and what MAF I was using. Gave me 2 start up tunes, loaded one and drove it to the dyno 20 miles away. Just stayed out of boost. All is well.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Just found out I was suppose to email Procharger with the blower serial number for the tune.
Now that I think about it that makes no sense.
It never said anything about emailing them in the booklet either.

I didn't buy the tuner kit as I thought the kit with the Procharger would be good. But after messing with the fuel pump I wasn't happy with it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back