Progress

techsan40

Reaction score
That is the freakin' deal of the century right there! Man, I wish I would have heard about it in time. Don't really need or want new wheels, but that's a smoking deal on a great looking wheel! Congrats on the pick up!

As far as tire size, I think you are on the right track.

I ran Continental Extreme Contact DW tires and really, really liked them. They did not last very long though, maybe 15K miles or so. I am currently running BFG Sport Comp 2's, and although they aren't quite as grippy as the Contis, they are still a great tire for the money, and are holding up really well so far. I think I will be able to get at least 20K miles out of them, maybe more depending on my driving habits. FWIW, I ran Nitto 555s on my previous Stang, and they were also good tires for the money.

Thanks for the insight man! And I really wasn't looking for wheels but clicked on the AM Sale email and couldn't pass them up. Said my order was processed and approved yesterday and within an hour afterwards the price went up $10/wheel and said they where sold out so I'm hoping I made the cut. Haven't shipped yet so we'll see.

techsan40

Reaction score
Confirmation email they are shipped...$320 to my door ain't bad!

techsan40

Reaction score
Kind of talking to myself here but hell, I'll continue to update. Added the CDC chin spoiler(sunlight makes pic difficult to get a good look, will add better later). Wheels should be here Monday and I will be getting tires within the next couple weeks

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
That is gonna look sick when you get those wheels installed. Although they look pretty good on your car, I am generally not a big fan of chrome wheels on an S197.

And good choice on the CDC spoiler :thumb: That looks great on the 05-09 body style.

techsan40

Reaction score
Thanks guys! After wheels and tires get thrown on I think I'm going to save for a supercharger

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back