Progress

techsan40

Reaction score
They're only a 1" drop. And I mistyped. In the first pic of the first page it is bone stock. Second Pic is just rear springs, and the pic with the snow is after I decided to go ahead and throw fronts on. I didn't want it too low, but I may still go back and throw a pro kit on

techsan40

Reaction score
Here is the only other pic I have of it stock, You can kinda tell it sits higher from this one compared to my sig pic. This is the dealership pic I saved so its kinda small, but there is a slight difference. I've only also put 3-4k since drop so maybe it'll settle, heck i dunno...

techsan40

Reaction score
AM has a sale on Koni oranges right now. I only have 1" lower all the way around but am still on stock struts and shocks. Will upgrading to konis be worth it or should I spend my money somewhere else...thinkin raxiom gen5s or cdc chin spoiler.

techsan40

Reaction score
new pic, no new changes really.

Going to pick up some new axlebacks off craigslist tomorrow for a decent price.

They are off a 2007 Shelby, just want to confirm that these are different than my stockers...The tips look to be the 4" rolled. the number on them is F1387 300566.

Can anyone clarify that these are in fact the slightly louder "GTAs" ?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
AM has a sale on Koni oranges right now. I only have 1" lower all the way around but am still on stock struts and shocks. Will upgrading to konis be worth it or should I spend my money somewhere else...thinkin raxiom gen5s or cdc chin spoiler.

I know this post was from a few months ago, but if you are still in the market for some new dampers, I would skip the Koni Oranges and go for the yellows. I have never run the oranges, but from what I understand, they are only slightly better than stock. FWIW, I really like my Tokico D-Specs.

techsan40

Reaction score
thank ya sir^^^ yea my car is a DD so i just want a little nicer ride. Any insight on the axle backs would be greatly appreciated too!

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If they're from a GT500, they're pretty much the same as your stock mufflers. The GT500s either got auto GT mufflers or manual GT mufflers, I can't remember which.

techsan40

Reaction score
Didn't come off a gt500, came off Shelby GT if that matters

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
The Shelby GTs had GTAs they're different from your stock mufflers. The number embossed on the muffler doesn't really help, there should be a part number paper tag on the pipe leading to the actual muffler.

techsan40

Reaction score
Nothing exciting just the GTA axlebacks, much better than the stock bolt on tips. Think I'm probably going to lower it a tad more and throw some Koni yellows on next.

techsan40

Reaction score
Have a quick question....

I only have a CAI, SCT tuner (currently on the canned 91 octane tune), and axlebacks...Will it be worth the $400 to get a local dyno tune? I feel like cause this is an automatic it will be. But I would like other opinions to see if I am just wasting money when an Emailed tune from a reputable tuner might be just as good and i can spend the left over money elsewhere.

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would be worth 400 bucks to do a dyno tune unless you threw some more parts at it. There are extremely good tuners who can hit you with an email tune that would work great. If you throw more parts at it then I would get a wideband and datalog
Lito tuned my car remotely and I trust it 100% If you don't need the dyno number don't pay the money for it. Dyno time is expensive and I believe there is a time and a place for it and its not on a stock car with a CAI. Car looks great by the way but I may be partial to the color lol

28ONE

Reaction score
I don't think it would be worth 400 bucks to do a dyno tune unless you threw some more parts at it. There are extremely good tuners who can hit you with an email tune that would work great. If you throw more parts at it then I would get a wideband and datalog
Lito tuned my car remotely and I trust it 100% If you don't need the dyno number don't pay the money for it. Dyno time is expensive and I believe there is a time and a place for it and its not on a stock car with a CAI. Car looks great by the way but I may be partial to the color lol

^I agree!

By the way, throw on a CDC chin spoiler...

techsan40

Reaction score
thanks for the input fellas, kinda what i was thinking, just wanted to make sure

techsan40

Reaction score
Been a little while. Got my wife a new 4runner so I have been putting money towards that. Got it where I want it so I've moved back to the ole mustang. Recently added Raxiom Gen5 Tails and tint to the third break light and side markers and also dipped the faux gas cap....Have a CDC chin spoiler on order from american muscle as well

and a couple more cause I cleaned her up for the first time in a while. Will add pics soon when I get the chin spoiler installed

techsan40

Reaction score
So got these on AM before they sold out of the 19x10...thinking of running a 245/45 on the front and a 285/40 on the back....anyone have any suggestions on tires to run?

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
That is the freakin' deal of the century right there! Man, I wish I would have heard about it in time. Don't really need or want new wheels, but that's a smoking deal on a great looking wheel! Congrats on the pick up!

As far as tire size, I think you are on the right track.

I ran Continental Extreme Contact DW tires and really, really liked them. They did not last very long though, maybe 15K miles or so. I am currently running BFG Sport Comp 2's, and although they aren't quite as grippy as the Contis, they are still a great tire for the money, and are holding up really well so far. I think I will be able to get at least 20K miles out of them, maybe more depending on my driving habits. FWIW, I ran Nitto 555s on my previous Stang, and they were also good tires for the money.

Last edited:
Back