Project Large Caliber - Cam's NEW 2009 Bullitt Build Thread

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure and he can't remember, it is between 07-09. I almost bought one for a 2010 with 9K miles but someone else jumped on it before I could. The engine is almost done being reassembled. Brand new FRPP Iron Block, new bearings, all redone to factory specs.

Where do you find these motors and about how much are they going for if you don't mind me asking.

sub'd Can't wait to see what this becomes.

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
looks yummy. Gonna snake bite the blower?

Not sure, my budget schedule is very tight and it's not a necessity at the moment.

Sweet deal Cam at least you finally got a motor

Yup, no turning back now! :evillaugh:

Where do you find these motors and about how much are they going for if you don't mind me asking.

sub'd Can't wait to see what this becomes.

I look forward to you building your Redfire beauty one day! :beerdrink:

I checked Forums and eBay. I eventually got in contact with BilletProShop from a numerous amount of referrals. I talked to Sylvain and he has a entire selection of parts from GT500 engines and he continuously gets supplies in. They are located in Quebec, but ship from NY.

I spent a little more than I anticipated - $10.5K (plus shipping), but I made sense of it with a couple key details
1. Newly Assembled Engine
2. No Surprises (compared to a motor pulled from a scrap yard)
3. He threw in a couple added bonuses (blue wrinkle cam covers, 2.5" Pulley/idler, etc)
4. A/C Lines included, and coolant crossover hoses, etc
5. His insight and experiences with the swaps himself

Unfortunately I do have to buy some other pretty important things, but I'd rather start with the upgrades then use the stock stuff and then toss it out (Ex: Heat Exchanger, Driveshaft). The fuel pump I knew I was going to have to buy new because of the harness that is included with it and every person I talked to about giving it to me had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, especially the module located in the spare tire wheel well.

When I sold off all my bolt ons (from last year) and then all the parts I had planned for a 3V build, I put that $5K to the side for this project. Take the price of the 3V (when I sell it) That's another $3K~. So I've balanced out right now about $2.5K~ in the hole + the suspension parts/misc. accessories I've already purchased. Formatting my budget tonight or tomorrow for the remaining items I need.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
if your interested, I have a friend selling a snakebite blower

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Dumb question, but can the GT500 motor bolt up to the stock bullit tranny?

You wouldn't want to, the 3650 is only rated to hold about 360 foot lbs of torque (although they will hold more for a while). The 6060 or T56 Magnum are your best choices.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Very true, however that was not my question. My question was would the GT500 motor bolt to the Bullit/ GT tranny or does one need to acquire a T-56 as well.

You could do it. Like the others mentioned it wouldn't be a good idea but it could be done.

Cam,

If you have a one piece ds it might work. I used the same 3650 dynotech that I had with the 3650 with the 6060. Never had an issue. Right now I have a gt500 stock ds I got off of ebay for $125 shipped. I didn't need the extra strength anymore and wanted the least amount of nvh.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
fully polished

I'll pass, not a fan of that look. Thanks though!

You could do it. Like the others mentioned it wouldn't be a good idea but it could be done.

Cam,

If you have a one piece ds it might work. I used the same 3650 dynotech that I had with the 3650 with the 6060. Never had an issue. Right now I have a gt500 stock ds I got off of ebay for $125 shipped. I didn't need the extra strength anymore and wanted the least amount of nvh.

Well I sold my 1-pc for the 3650. Still waiting for someone to step up and buy my 3v setup and then I can splurge again on what I need.

I should expect the engine to be here next week.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not to argue with Bruce but I know when Jeremy swapped the 6060 into his 07 the d/s he had would not work; there was about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch difference.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back