Project - WCKDSGT

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
I set the idle at 650 w the tuner but so far its only dropping to about 750-800. I havent got to drive it yet because of the weather. So I'm guessing the ecu hasn't learned the new tune yet

j-sig

Reaction score
well I figure since I can actually start throwing some parts at my SGT I would start a build thread. Plus since this is the best forum around, any advice is encouraged. since this will be the deepest I've ever tore into any of my mustangs. It's gonna be a mild street/strip build w/ more emphasis on the strip part. I'm hoping to be a low 12 sec before the end of race season, but we will see what the budget allows. Currently it's basically a stock SGT w a bama tune and a o/r h pipe. I just ordered frpp hot rod cams, pypes long tubes and Borla stingers and matte graphite STR 607 wheels

Here she is when I bought her

took the faded stripes off and added my SN95 wheels and a cervinis 2.5" cowl hood
afterstripes_zps035bbede.jpg

then some Shelby razors

last 2 pictures... what grill is that? I love it

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
how she looks now

and I have this little sexy thing waiting to get installed

Last edited:

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
so the mgw come with this little bag with a bushing labeled race or track or something, the enthusiast in us says "I race my car I should use this"
dont.... unless its a full race car it creates too much nvh for the difference in performance
I ran both back to back and with it I honestly thought something was broken in my car and after putting the pre-installed one back on I noticed no difference in feel but it was silent
just a friendly warning from a guy who went through installing it twice

BBSTANG

Reaction score
Great build... Car looks Wicked! Who installed your cams? I'm also in Ohio and I have a set of Hot Rods that I bought from a forum member and I waiting to get them installed. If you can pm me the info. Thanks

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
so the mgw come with this little bag with a bushing labeled race or track or something, the enthusiast in us says "I race my car I should use this"
dont.... unless its a full race car it creates too much nvh for the difference in performance
I ran both back to back and with it I honestly thought something was broken in my car and after putting the pre-installed one back on I noticed no difference in feel but it was silent
just a friendly warning from a guy who went through installing it twice

Thanks man, ye i was wondering about that lol

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
Great build... Car looks Wicked! Who installed your cams? I'm also in Ohio and I have a set of Hot Rods that I bought from a forum member and I waiting to get them installed. If you can pm me the info. Thanks

Thanks man...I did the install myself, it was actually pretty easy

HawkeyeGT

Reaction score
Damn, youre making me wish I would have bought those wheels instead of the downforce wheels. I was second guessing between the two. Both very reasonably priced, I may have to grab a set of the STR's yet.

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys. these are the only style wheels that I actually fell in love with for this body style. now I just need to sell my razors so I can get a drag setup!!!

next im working on getting my stripes done in either grabber blue or graphite to match the wheels.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
The new wheels look great, nice and clean! I have a black 2005 myself :thumb2:

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
well I finally got my lca relocation brackets and drag wheels and tires 275/50/15 M/T et street radials on sve drags installed and made it to the track. I only got 2 runs in. the best was a 13.5 @ 105 with a 2.1 60' car hooked great but would bog right after the hit. I know I need some more seat time but does anyone have any advice what im doin wrong?

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
What rpm are you launching at?
Stock 3.55 gears?
Bogging is what's killing you, I would go 4.10 gears but until then keep increasing your launch rpm until you get a little but of slip to keep wheel speed up and avoid the bogging.

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
damn I forgot to say what I launched at, 4500. yea I know the bogging is whats hurting me. i just didn't think I would need to launch this thing at 6k rpm. stock 3.55. wouldn't the 4.10's be to much for my 26" dr's?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back