Project, Why improve when you can build new

05yellowgt

Reaction score
We are finally moving forward to build our first new home. We have been trying to sell our current home for over a year, without any luck. We live in one of the historic districts near our city center. My particular neighborhood was home to the Wright brothers, and several of their bike shops. Our current home is original to the neighborhood and we love it, but there just isn't enough room for us. Thanks to a event and substantial raise we were able to qualify for the new home while still owning our current home.

We have previously gone the contingency route twice before, but this time is the real deal. We are building a ranch home with loft bonus bedroom and finished basement. Total square footage is a little shy of 3900sqft counting the 980sqft finished section of basement. We are excited to be going down this path. My wife is also relieved since our third (a son this time) is due in late April. The home should be complete in June, so she will have time to recover from the c-section in time for the move. I'll do my best to chronicle the experience as we go along here. We have appointments with the low voltage guys already and will be hitting up the design center soon as well.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats man! I've always dreamt of being able to build a new home also. Hopefully someday we will

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back