PS3 + Extras

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
So, I bought my PS3 80gb brand new in late 2008 with the intention of using it for movies and playing a few games. Well, I've played it only a matter of ten times maybe including playing three Blu-Ray movies. This system is like brand new !!

Whats included? Two Sony 'six-axis' controllers, a Logitech headset, a Sony Blu-Ray remote, HDMI cable, the games "Call of Duty 3", "NCAA Football 2009", and the Blu-Ray movies "The Dark Knight", "Wanted", and "Indiana Jones - The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Everything including is like brand new with no defects. $400 including shipping takes everything. :beerchug2:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
This is funny. I thought I'd share my story. I sold it last night on Craigslist. I packaged everything up and tried to power up the system for the last time to delete my settings, etc. The system won't display video. I can hear the start-up screen sound but no video. I've tried different cables, different TVs, all the same result. This will be my THIRD PS3 !!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with it. Hold the power button to turn it on and continue holding it until after it shuts down. Hold it for a few more seconds and then let go and press it one more time just to turn it back on.

This will reset the display settings. What must have happened was the setting must have been changed.

I'll guess that you had it hooked up to a tv that had a high resolution (1080p) and then you ended up putting it on a tv with less than 1080p. The setting stayed at 1080p, which is why your tv wouldn't have a display.

Check that out and see if it works.

Last edited:

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with it. Hold the power button to turn it on and continue holding it until after it shuts down. Hold it for a few more seconds and then let go and press it one more time just to turn it back on.

This will reset the display settings. What must have happened was the setting must have been changed.

I'll guess that you had it hooked up to a tv that had a lower resolution than the display setting.

Check that out and see if it works.

Was about to suggest the same thing, it happened to me a few weeks after I bought mine! Pretty embarrassing too!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back