PTC TC owners

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Did You have to send them your TC or they have cores to work with??

The converter that Greg purchases is our brand new 245mm core converter. It has a lot more availability for adjustment in stall, as well as a lot more durable and stronger than the stock core.

It IS a single disc converter, HOWEVER, the clutch unit we use in this converter has been proven in cars running mid 9's with no slippage!!

zipperhead

Reaction score
Timely thread. Going to change out my PI for a PTC. Chris says no more severe lockup around town. Hope the new one performs at the track . We shall see

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ya, when mine locks up once in a while around town it always scares me thinking the tranny let go, lol.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Billy has one of ours.... It is one of the restalled stock cores.

However, you want experience that with this new style converter. It will lock up a lot smoother!

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
eh, I dont mind at all..I would love for it to lock up like that at the track!! It would almost be like a trans brake..:beerdrink:

Shades

Reaction score
Soon enough I'll be buying some parts off Chris, great guy to deal with :beer:

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Yes, he did!! And Thanks Chris for answering all my questions. Chris Check your PM's.
Greg I say WE install them?? I'll talk with Rick tomorrow and see what price he gives me.

Got it bro!! Not a problem!! I'll make note in the morning!!

confuzed

forum member
Reaction score
Ya, when mine locks up once in a while around town it always scares me thinking the tranny let go, lol.

Alot of that hard lock up is in the tune, I've had 4 diffrent tuners try and only 1 got it right, 1 got it close, 2 just couldn't do it. If you think that re-stalled stocker is bad....try the PI triple disk!! Its way worse. Lol. I know I've pesterd chris and the Ptc guys numerous times, but i will be getting one I'n the near future. Just cannot afford down time right now with my car. The guys at Ptc are top notch.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys!! I try to and will do what I can to help anyone!!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Looking forward to your impressions with this TC Greg as this will be my next mod.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It will be a little while to see how it does at the track since I am waiting on other parts to get the car off the jack stands and spring to get the the car to the track.

I see in your sig you have cherry bombs/flowmasters listed; how are you running both of them...?

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
It will be a little while to see how it does at the track since I am waiting on other parts to get the car off the jack stands and spring to get the the car to the track.

I see in your sig you have cherry bombs/flowmasters listed; how are you running both of them...?

:evillaugh:........like this. When I cut out the HF cats I wanted to put something in there as I didnt want the car any louder. They cleaned up the sound compared to the HF's. Its still loud, especially when I get on it, but its not overly stupid loud. Idle is heavy, deep and rich.......like a fuente cigar!:beerdrink:

Our track is getting repaved, so no racing till March or April. I'm jonesing to race now! I will prolly get a new TC sometime next year. I know I will want to hit 11s. I think I have another tenth or two with my current setup. Car is running kinda rich now. I am seeing WB readings in the 10s when I get on it now. Of course I cant really floor it for very long here.....dont have the roads you have.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gotcha...what was your 60 ft and what suspension mods do you have?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back